Mondeo MK11 vs Honda Accord - arnold2
Trying to decide which one to get - Mondeo handles nicer, Honda has a nicer image !

I'm looking at getting a 4 year old one either way - both seem around £4k for a 1.8L (old shape Accord) - anyone got any experience with either of these at this age ?

Will the better build quality of the Honda make it cheaper in the long-run ...
Mondeo MK11 vs Honda Accord - bell boy
not cheaper but certainly a longer term better prospect......
the nicer image would be a load of tosh to me unless i wore a pork pie hat (sorry hj no offence meant)
Mondeo MK11 vs Honda Accord - Carrow
I will say that I have supplied a few clutches for 1.8 Accords around this year, but can't remember being asked for a Mondeo one. We use a 51 plate Mondeo 1.8 estate as a workhorse and has now covered 115,000 miles, only needing (apart from the usual service items) a new fanbelt & tensioner assy, didn't actually break but just got VERY noisey.
Mondeo MK11 vs Honda Accord - MichaelR
A 4 year old Mondeo will be a Mk3, not a Mk2.

I'd take a Mk2 over an Accord previous shape, let alone the Mk3. Mondeo, easily.

The interior in the Honda is absolutely apalling - I was staggered at how cheap, nasty and dated it felt - and this was in a Type R version!
Mondeo MK11 vs Honda Accord - A2B
The type - R is supposed to be very basic. It's no thrills but a terrific drive and performance. Have you ever checked out the interior on type-V? All leather all the toys as well. Exellent prices now that the new sahpe has arrived in 2003.

Very nice even has Sat Nav. Mondeo not a bad car these days but I don't think the qaulity is half a nice as a type v accord.
It wasn't so much the equipment levels more the basic design of the dashboard which I assume is the same throughout the range.
Mondeo MK11 vs Honda Accord - mike hannon
You have got to be having a laugh. I have self-censored the rest of this reply except to say...no, I won't even bother.
Thanks for that useful, insightful and helpful reply there. I'm sure it will prove most useful to the original posters question.

Hopefully this picture illustrates what I mean:

pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id...1
Mondeo MK11 vs Honda Accord - Malcolm_L
Ok, it's not going to set the world alight - but it's functional and compared against a MKII Mondeo dash who cares?

Honda should still be the better bet for reliability
Mondeo MK11 vs Honda Accord - Waino
My mate had a X reg auto Accord and changed it a year ago for a fresh one at about 100k - at this point the box had started to make a noise which he diagnosed as the start of a significant decline. As a driver, he is sympathetic to the mechanics of the car so it hadn't been thrashed. Still, at 100k, I would be wary of any automatic box.
Mondeo MK111 vs Honda Accord - arnold2
ah - I meany MK 111 - I always thought Ford's MK11 Mondeo was, er , rather similar to MK 1 !
Mondeo MK111 vs Honda Accord - DP
I wouldn't have thought you'd go too far wrong with either.

Both have a great reputation for reliability and longevity. The Mondeo will be slightly better to drive, the Accord probably slightly more reliable.