Mercedes W202 footwell water leak. - avian
If I have missed reference to this problem I apologise for starting it as a new topic...

But I need help regarding my 1995 Mercedes W202 model. After driving around 200 miles today, in very hot weather, with aircon on full blast, I noticed on arrival home that the passenger footwell carpet was damp - further inspection showed it to be soaked in what seems like ordinary water. On removing a panel below the glove compartment (three self tapping screws), I found water was coming out of what I believe is a pollen filter. Can any one enlighten me as to the problem and how it might be fixed. I will really appreciate any advice since I am due to use the car again shortly for a long run in this seemingly never ending hot weather. NOTE The car stayed out for six nights while I was away (it is normally garaged), but only a 25 minute shower of rain occured during those few days. Dampness was totally absent before today. Thank you.

Mercedes W202 footwell water leak. - elekie&a/c doctor
If water is pouring out the pollen filter housing,then I would suspect that the a/c drain tubes are blocked.Remove the centre console side panels (where heater footwell vents are)and locate the 2 drain tubes,one each side,at the bottom of the heater box.They are usually plastic/rubber and if the system is original M/B fit then they will have a foam type "sleeve" on them.Remove the tubes and carefully rod out the heater box drains carefully.
Mercedes W202 footwell water leak. - avian
Thank you elekie&a/c doctor for you advice. I am grateful for your detailed comment, because this morning I poured water onto the windscreen and saw that the usual drainage system was working, with water egressing out under, and across the width of the vehicle. So your diagnosis re the a/c drain tubes is almost certainly the right one. I just hope I can remove the panels easily otherwise it's off to the local MB agent!