S-Max to go same way as Signum - c h a r l e s
Saw a new S-Max while passing my local Ford dealer today and it looks quite attractive, albeit they had a new Galaxy along side and I had to wonder why the front-end looks to be the same on both models? I would have thought this would dilute the image of the S-max somewhat.

Anyway, can anyone see this being a success for Ford, or for the brave first time owner? I expect it will go the same way as the Signum in that the BMW/Merc/Audi badges are more attractive to buyers for their perceived values, so sales will be poor. On the second hand market however, I would expect the S-Max to offer a lot of value for money.

If buyers wanted to spend £20k plus on a Ford with some carrying capacity, surely they'd opt for the X type estate?
S-Max to go same way as Signum - Pugugly {P}
Singnum..............I need a Signum with a towbar.........and a caravan........nooooooooooooo !
S-Max to go same way as Signum - Altea Ego
Now actually - A 5series touring, hauling an airstream, with a couple of 225cc trail bikes strapped on the back......
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
S-Max to go same way as Signum - Pugugly {P}
Told you. For some strange reason every time I see a Signum, I feel it's the roght car for something. Especially the 3.2 engined one., they are dirt cheap second hand, distictive amongst the other euroboxes of various sizes and built to tow. Not yet seen an S type in the metal yet so I don't know whether that would push the same buttons. I think that the Signum does fit into the profile of a certain type of customer. Anyway it was very brave of GM to launch it on an unsuspecting public, the press had it down to be called the Vectrum when launched, I think t was wise to pick a different name....
S-Max to go same way as Signum - Sofa Spud
I've only seen pictures of the S-Max so far. But I would say that it looks like a winner. It has both style and individuality. It ought to be a big player in the mid MPV sector, also taking sales from estate cars inclusing Ford's own Mondeo. This could also be the MPV that tempts people away from soft-roader SUV's.
S-Max to go same way as Signum - ukbeefy
A neighbour nearby has a new S Max and walking past it in the street it does look very neat, reasonably interesting and tidy. It is amazing how Ford has caught up with some of the Germans on external build quality - complicated joins and angles that all look pin sharp with deep expensive looking paint. Inside it looks again neat and up to date.

Effectively it is a 5 door/5 seat estate that works for the family. I was impressed in terms of its "walk by" image.
S-Max to go same way as Signum - Dalglish
always wondered who this referred to:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=43...5

S-Max to go same way as Signum - c h a r l e s
always wondered who this referred to:
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=43...5

Yeah that's me. But I have a cheaper excess than him so he can be pink fluffy dice off on 2 counts. ;)
S-Max to go same way as Signum - rtj70
I've sat in the new S-MAX and liked it a lot. Not sure of the handbrake, but at least it was not an electronic one.

It is once in a blue moon I need more than 5 seats but I'm tempted in getting the S-MAX when the Mondeo's due to be replaced. I'd have normally opted for a diesel (like the torque for one) but then again there's the 2.5 turbo petrol from the Focus ST to consider for the S-MAX.

S-Max to go same way as Signum - pegleg2001
I test drove the 1.8 TDCi and was well impressed with power and handling. It looks nice in the metal too. Build quality and materials used appear to match prestige levels (who cares about lower down/out of sight plastics?). When I come to change my 525d touring, maybe it will be the replacement.