VW Golf GT TDI 130PD Suspension - David Limerick

I frequently read of recommendations to choose the sports suspension option, factory fitted type - £150 cost option, when purchasing a VW Golf.
Not only from Honest John but also VW magazines.

I am considering buying a Golf GTi 130PD and unfortunately the option to fit sports suspension only applies to the 2.0ltr petrol GTi not to the 130 TDi, on UK supplied models.
Does anyone know why ?
Is the suspension fitted to the 130 TDi uprated anyway ?
Does anyone own a 130 GT TDi and can tell me what they think of the standard suspension fitted to their vehicle.
I know the dealer can fit a version, but all the comments I've seen indicate this to be inferior to the factory fitted option.
Re: VW Golf GT TDI 130PD Suspension - Honest John
I thought the one I drove had sports suspension. It felt like VW had take a lesson out of SEAT's book and fitted softer springs with firmer dampers, rather than the other way around.

HJ
Re: VW Golf GT TDI 130PD Suspension - Andrew Barnes
The sports suspension is available on imports.

Andrew
www.hispecgolfs.co.uk
Re: VW Golf GT TDI 130PD Suspension - Kev O
David

My 130 is imported (6 months ago) - don't know if it has the sports suspension, but I do know it handles superbly and the ride is very comfortable. I think HJ has it right.

KO
Re: VW Golf GT TDI 130PD Suspension - Mike A
I have a 130 Golf (imported) with the optional sports suspension having previously owned a 115 with standard. The ride is still good but the handling is noticeably better. Certainly worth the extra £150.

Last time I looked at a UK price list for the 130, sports suspension was definitely an option.