Cheapest petrol? - Roger K.
Today I paid 62.9p per litre for unleaded at Safeways.
(This includes 5p a litre discount for spending £20 in-store.)

Can anyone beat that?
Cheapest petrol? - David Lacey
Nope.

That's cheap :-)
Beat this! - martin
yep, take a crossing to Calais for £24, drive 30mins to Belgium and pay 34p lt. (diesel) Fill up and you still make a saving even on the money spent to get there, also take jerry cans and load the boot up, if you dare!

However, only valid for those within 20miles of Dover or Folksten!
Re: Beat this! - Andy Bairsto
The UK has at the moment probably some of the cheapest petrol in Europe.I paid 97 cents in Germany this morning for euro 93 petrol and holland is much dearer.Alas diesel is a different story.
Check Lowest Prices All UK - vansboy
The AA site www.petrolbusters.com monitors up to the minute fuel prices nationally & lets you check the best petrol/diesel price near you or where you are heading!
Try it, it's free & it works!
Mark
Re: Cheapest petrol? - Tom Shaw
SWMBO shops in Safeways every week, and brings home a receipt which would knock my diesel down to 68.9 per litre. I mostly don't use it, having read horror stories both here and elsewhere on the long term effects of using supermarket fuels.

Anyone got any views on Safeway fuels?
Re: Cheapest petrol? - Derek
I can't speak for Safeway, but I did a follow-up with Sainsbury's following a discussion on this site about low-sulphur diesel and the fact that sulphur has certain lubricating qualities. HJ said that his preference was Shell.

Sainsbury's came back to me with the response that their diesel does contain additives to replace the loss of lubrication in low sulphur diesel.
Re: Cheapest petrol? - Pete
If you fill up anywhere regularly and keep the receipts you may have some come back if their fuel damages your engine. It could take some proving though!
Re: Cheapest petrol? - Tom Shaw
It would probably take a Queens Council and a fight through every court in the land, up to and including the House of Lords. Can you see a major supermarket chain putting it's hands up to selling fuel that is damaging to engines? No chance.
Re: Cheapest petrol? - Tomo
But we don't really know where any of it comes from. Perhaps supermarket is sometimes worse, sometimes better. Be thankful it is not State sponsored Pool!
(for all who are too young, a blend of paraffin and ether would have little worse performance. Compression ratios had to be dropped from perhaps 10 to 1 on best pre-war to say 7 to 1. I think it was MEANT to be 72 octane. It got a bit better in the fifties; I got away with 8.8, but had to be wary with the advance.)

Oh dear, perhaps I should not have written that at all, it could give the unfriendly ideas!
Re: Cheapest petrol? - pete
The fuel comes from the same refineries as other petrol stations , only the additives being different, I've used asda petrol from day one in three different cars and never had any problems, but avoid cheap independents i once had water in petrol from one , but that was 20 years ago
Re: Cheapest petrol? - Mark (Brazil)
Or as we used to mark the claims file "nafc"

And then we stopped worrying.
A bit esoteric for some of us, "nafc". No rude words, I trust.

Mark (Brazil) wrote:
>
> Or as we used to mark the claims file "nafc"
>
> And then we stopped worrying.
Re: Cheapest petrol? - Mark (Brazil)
nafc = not a high likelihood. or Not too much chance of that.
Never trust!
Re: Cheapest petrol? - boost
78.3p a litre for super unleaded and I don't give a t0ss.