"Any Driver" insurance - L'escargot
I've just received a letter from CIS informing me that this is the last year that they will be offering an "Any Driver" policy. Are all insurers going in this direction?
--
L\'escargot.
"Any Driver" insurance - martint123
I'm surprised there are any left at all that offer it.

Or was it "any driver over 35 who has no points, doesn't work as a barman" etc etc....
"Any Driver" insurance - David Horn
No, it was true "Any Driver" insurance. I used it on my car for 3 years as it was cheaper to do this and let my mum have the NCD with me as the main driver. Let my sister use the car to learn to drive in, too.

They've ditched it so I'm now a named driver on another policy. Ahem. Not that I'd ever do that, of course... ;)
"Any Driver" insurance - commerdriver
I have been told by a couple of insurance companies that once you have 4 drivers named on an insurance policy they make it any driver, in both cases I would still expect to inform them if another driver was going to use the car on a regular basis.

One of the policies is still in force as an any driver policy and will be renewed as such in the next couple of weeks.
"Any Driver" insurance - NowWheels
I've just received a letter from CIS informing me that this
is the last year that they will be offering an "Any
Driver" policy. Are all insurers going in this direction?

CIS told me in February that they had already stopped offering it. I wanted it for the policy I was taking out then, but no go :(
"Any Driver" insurance - Waino
I've just re-insured with CIS (June 1st) for light business use (i.e. I am not a travelling salesman etc). Any driver (OVER 25) 'who is driving on the order or with the permission of the policyholder' is also covered.

I am also still covered to drive a car or motorcycle not belonging to me etc ..... is this because I am old and wise and play the game fairly?
"Any Driver" insurance - Timaru
Remember ANY DRIVER means ANY DRIVER without points and no claims for 5 years, how many drivers do you know that are that squeaky clean?

Rip off!
"Any Driver" insurance - bell boy
me me me sir im squeeky and very clean (when ive had a bath)
"Any Driver" insurance - Timaru
Ah! The exception that proves the rule.
"Any Driver" insurance - Cymrogwyllt
NU still do any driver (mine is over 25) and only £30 dearer than self only for me.
"Any Driver" insurance - blue_haddock
Remember ANY DRIVER means ANY DRIVER without points and no claims
for 5 years, how many drivers do you know that are
that squeaky clean?

I can put my hand up and say that as a 27 year old lad who's had a few quick motors over the years that i have an unblemished driving license with no points and no claims.

Do i win a prize?
"Any Driver" insurance - David Horn
Likewise, I have a clean driving license (and techically, I suppose, I haven't claimed for anything). I'm sure the any driver policy from CIS covered anyone with the policy owner's permission.
"Any Driver" insurance - L'escargot
I'm sure the any driver
policy from CIS covered anyone with the policy owner's permission.

That's what it says on my certificate. I can renew my policy "any driver" this year but it will be the last time that CIS will offer renewal on that basis.
--
L\'escargot.
"Any Driver" insurance - Statistical outlier
I was able to get any driver (over 25 with my permission, and they wanted full details of 'regular drivers') cover for a premium of about £250 over four named drivers when I looked in January. I didn't go for it, as I figured it wasn't worth the additional cost, but it was available through a broker.
"Any Driver" insurance - Waino
mmmm....maybe I'll be getting a letter shortly, then.