tempted to drive into car in front - wazza
this morning i was driving along a dual carriageway in town, speed limit is 30. Approaching traffic lights which are showing red. No cars in front of me. On the other lane there is a car waiting at the traffic lights. In my rear view mirror i caught a glance of a mitsibishi evo weaving in and out of lanes at high speed. he over took me and swerved into my lane, nearly hitting the front of my car, then slaming on the brakes straight away to stop for the lights. i had to brake hard to prevent running into back of him. i had a young kid in the car and was very angry , i was about to get out to have a freindly chat with him but the lights changed and he zoomed off. if i was alone in the car i would have drove into him and scratch his new car.

i was wondering where does one stand if someone cuts you up and slams his brakes on. since he has taken up your braking distance you would probably run into him. who is at fault?
tempted to drive into car in front - DP
It was probably nicked, in which case he'd have driven off, and you'd have wound up paying anyway.

As for who would be at fault, I suspect you'd need a witness to say that he'd carved you up and braked sharply. Otherwise it would just look like you'd not left enough braking distance.

tempted to drive into car in front - Round The Bend
"if i was alone in the car i would have drove into him and scratch his new car."

That would have left you no better than the other idiot. Grow up!

_______
IanS
tempted to drive into car in front - local yokel
Why bother with that kind of aggro? You are best off keeping your distance from people like that. The ensuing police, insurance, garage paperwork etc wouldn't be worth it.
tempted to drive into car in front - Chris S
i was wondering where does one stand if someone cuts you
up and slams his brakes on. since he has taken up
your braking distance you would probably run into him. who is
at fault?

It depends whether you've got a witness - if not the chances are you're insurance will have to pay up.

There was an article in the paper about this sort of thing a few years ago.

Somebody had cut in front of another driver and their insurance was about to pay up - until they recieved another insurance company's claim form back!

It turned out that the wreckless driver was deliberately having a number of no fault 'accidents.' They'd have probably got away with it if they hadn't have been so careless.
tempted to drive into car in front - BazzaBear {P}
the [b]wreckless[/b] driver was deliberately having a
number of no fault 'accidents.'

Most ironic spelling mistake ever. Or is it just coincidental?
That Alanis Morisette has completely ruined my understanding of the word.
tempted to drive into car in front - BazzaBear {P}
Apparently that's not how you do bold on this forum. Oh well.
tempted to drive into car in front - No FM2R
>>Apparently that's not how you do bold on this forum

( not [
tempted to drive into car in front - Altea Ego
or even <>
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
tempted to drive into car in front - L'escargot
who is
at fault?

If there's no personal injury (and fortunately there hasn't been so far) I've never been bothered who was at fault. In any case it's often partly the fault of both drivers. I exchange details and then let my insurance company sort it ~ it's what I pay them to do. I don't believe in having a dog and barking myself.
--
L\'escargot.
tempted to drive into car in front - jc2
Do you have a lot of accidents then??
tempted to drive into car in front - Sofa Spud
I had a scenario where someone pulled out of a side turn on my left, in front of me, to travel in the same direction. I was already on the brakes to avoid hitting him when he slammed on his brakes because he wanted to turn right almost immediately and there was oncoming traffic and no right-turn lane. I was in an HGV at the time and luckily I didn't run into the back of the car but I reckon that, had there been an impact, it would have been the other driver's fault but it would have been difficult to prove.
I have done it. Week in week out it would happen to me in the same place, till I got to the stage where I said - the next one gets it.

And they did. Most satisfying.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
tempted to drive into car in front - Happy Blue!
And how did you prove that the other car was at fault?
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
tempted to drive into car in front - grn
I thought it was a bus and it wasn't the other's fault?
I didnt car who's fault it was but i said something like "that'll be your fault then"

And the bus. Ah yes the bus. That was my fault and believe me you dont tangle with a bus at speed for fun.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
tempted to drive into car in front - grn
Hi TVM,

Glad there was no contact ;-)

And as for buses, some of them definitely have the "I'm coming out" (from their bus stops, naturally) attitude, whether it's their turn or not...think it must be part of the training programme for them .... just kidding ... 8p
tempted to drive into car in front - L'escargot
Do you have a lot of accidents then??

jc2, in the 50 years I've been driving I've made 4 claims in which my car was moving, and 2 when it was parked and unoccupied. I'd be interested in what your record will be after 50 years. I've had the maximum NCD since at least as far back as 1975, and a protected NCD since 1986. The point was that I always let my insurance company sort it regardless. I don't see the point in having insurance and then doing the work myself of sorting out who's to blame and who's going to pay for what.
--
L\'escargot.