Quick MINI question re pass airbag - patently
Help!

We have a MINI on loan while my BMW is in for some work. Tomorrow Mrs P needs to use it with two child seats on board. So I only have tonight to work out the best way to fit them in. There is, of course, no instruction manual in the car!

I can see that there is a "Passenger Airbag Off" light, but I can't see how to actually turn the airbag off. Maybe it requires an option that this car hasn't got, but if I can turn it off then I'd like to.

Does anyone know how to do this?

TIA.
Quick MINI question re pass airbag - David Horn
I thought it had to be done at a dealer, but if you're really lucky, this* might work:

Place baby seat with child in on front seat.
Fasten seatbelt.
Switch on ignition.

It appears that the car may have a weight sensor to detect what's sitting in the front seat, but from what I read on the internet, it might only apply to American versions.

* found on Google.
Quick MINI question re pass airbag - David Horn
Oh, and I personally would avoid putting a child in the front seat anyway due to the side and curtain airbags, and the ones in the a-pillar (if they're fitted).
Quick MINI question re pass airbag - patently
Thanks David.

I've found a switch operated by the ignition key in the passenger door shut - job done.

I agree - in the back is generally best and is my default choice. There isn't a huge amount of legroom, though, and little Patently no:1 is tall for his age ... i.e. long legs. I think he'd be better off taking his chances in the front seat rather than being kneecapped.

All subject to an assessment in the morning with nos: 1 and 2 in place, though!
Quick MINI question re pass airbag - Dynamic Dave
Oh, and I personally would avoid putting a child in the front seat anyway due to the side and curtain airbags, and the ones in the a-pillar (if they're fitted).

Would those airbags not also be disabled if the passenger airbags were turned off?