this site - nick
Not strictly motoring related but relevant to this site, - has anybody noticed that the Back Room link from the left hand red coloured task bar on the home page, takes you back to the home page. Or is there something wrong with my browser?
Re: this site - Tomo
Not here it doesn't. But nothing computers do surprises me!
Re: this site - Tom Shaw
Mine doesn't either. This isn't another edit button scam, is it?
Re: this site - Ashley
Yes, i have noticed that clicking on the backroom link just sends you back round to the home page. To get around the problem i've added the backroom as a seperate link in my 'favourites' folder.

I use Windows Internet explorer. Maybe some of us use different software ?
Re: this site - Honest John
That's all very strange, but when the re-vamp of the site is finished you may have to go via the home page to get to The Backroom in order to provide an opportunity to apply some commercial messages to pay for the site.

HJ
Re: this site - Sid
I take it the ads will be from the likes of Autoglym rather than car manufacturers. These sort of products do not seem to get the slating that the manu's do here.

Sid
Re: this site - andrew wills
HJ

if the Telegraph won't pay you properly (?), why not take this excellent site format to the Mail, a hugely succesful newspaper group. The Mail has never give Motoring proper coverage, but it's time they did - it's the big letdown in their otherwise spot-on and formidable newsgathering organisation.

regards
Andrew
Re: this site - James
It should take you to the opening back-room page, because that's where it points! The browser shouldn't make a difference...
Re: this site - markymarkn
I dont bother with the HJ site when visiting the backroom, instead I go straight to

www.honestjohn.co.uk/phorum

in your browser and you dont get all the frames and stuff. I find it a lot less cluttered when checking out the backroom.

M.
Re: this site - peter
I occasionally have had the same problem. IE5.5 on a clean install on NT4 (newly rebuilt machine). Like others I now skip the commercial opportunies and come straight to Forum.

I think that it is an intermittent event, if you empty the cache before retrying access it does prevent the problem recurring.
Re: this site - Pete
If a top site like this has a few unimportant glitches just think what total cr*p a government run GPS road charging system will be. Remember the passport office, the Nimrod AWACs, £2m tanks that won't work in the deserts, EFA 6 years late and over budget! OUR money, their 'expertise' - does one laugh or cry?
Re: this site - Rod Maxwell
Nick,

I occasionally have this problem. It is to do with file caching. If you press refresh the links will work.

Rod.