EcoTek 100 - romeo156
I have just has an oil and filter change (at same time as new cam belt) and they added this Ecotek 100 product.

Anyone any experience of it? Is it just a way of garages earning extra money. They used half and left me with the other half for future top ups.

EcoTek 100 - George Porge
Whats it say on the bottle?
EcoTek 100 - George Porge
www.ecotekplc.com/ecotek_100.htm

Snake oil ;-0
EcoTek 100 - Altea Ego
Whats it say on the bottle?

£30
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
EcoTek 100 - nortones2
If they charged without permission, get your money back. Can't have much faith in the oil they put in, can they?
EcoTek 100 - local yokel
"Ecotek 100 can be used to re-vitalise [an](sic) engine that has covered a few miles"

Let's see some evidence of a re-vitalised engine - what a load of cobblers.

Sounds like a high-margin rip-off to me. Ask for a refund.

EcoTek 100 - Armitage Shanks {p}
Are you sure that the best oil was used last time the oil was changed?

Are you sure that the oil is fully synthetic and will match the performance of your engine?

Are you sure that it will last till the next change?

Are you sure it contains the full balance of dispersants, detergents, anti-oxidants and anti-wear chemicals?

Are you sure that these chemicals are of the highest quality and have been tested to last at least 18,000 miles?

Is the viscosity modifier of your oil at least SAE 5W- 40?

Is your oil free of solid additives such as PTFE's? Can you easily get the same quality oil if you need a top-up?

Are you completely confident your oil will fully protect your engine under maximum stress?

Here are their questions (above)

Surely theonly question one needs to answer 'Yes' to is

"Is the oil I am using approved and recommended by the maker of my car?" If the answer is Yes you are free and clear! Many car handbooks advise against oil additives and there implications that warranties might be voided if they are used. Save your money IMHO!
EcoTek 100 - romeo156
I have the oil and filter changed every 6000 miles and do not use a lot in between (rare for a 156 I believe).

Interesting that you cant just pour to top up, you have to heat it up so that it transforms from a jelly state to fluid.

I am off to get my refund, they can have the other half back.

Thanks to all
EcoTek 100 - nortones2
For a valuable car, I'd want the unwanted, possibly harmful, "molasses" removed by another oil change, elsewhere preferably! The snake-oil site claims all sorts of mfrs "approval" which surprises me somewhat....
EcoTek 100 - Civic8
I am not happy this was done without your prior permission,unless they contacted you to ask permission to add this stuff?.

I didnt read the ins and outs of what it did,and dont think it is of any help to you,using an additive is something I dont like the idea of,even less the idea of a garage putting in without my consent.

I would ask if they give any warranty on this product if it fails,and if they added without permission *do they warrant it themselves*,I would suspect not,but would kick up a stink over it....Rant over, sorry just my thoughts
--
Steve