Mercedes Vito - No tinted windows - wrightstuff
Wonder if anyone out there can help. I have a 55 reg Merc Vito van which my company bought new from a main dealer. It has air conditioning fitted but have noticed that none of the windows are tinted. I am certain they should be as this reduces the load on the a/c system. Have asked the dealer about this and they said they would check and get back to me... Would be handy if any other Vito owners with a/c could give me some feedback.
Mercedes Vito - No tinted windows - Adam {P}
Tinted windows as in the front ones? (I.e. driver and passenger?)
Yes. Driver, passenger and windscreen. No windows in back. Cab has full bulkhead anyway.
Mercedes Vito - No tinted windows - Dave N
Tints are an option. Did you specify and pay for them?
No, wasn't given the option to have it as an option ! Should be standard as far as i'm concerned.
Mercedes Vito - No tinted windows - Dave N
Everythings an option. If you want electric folding mirrors, for instance, you have to specify tints as well.

They keep vans basic to keep the headline price low. Why should they be standard?

I looked at one of these, but by the time I specced auto trans, air, cruise, tints, dualiner, rear tailgate, rear windows, rear wash wipe, metallic and folding mirrors, it would cost more than a very decent car, that would be nicer to drive and worth substantially more after 3 years.
Mercedes Vito - No tinted windows - David Horn
Autobox in a van? You're missing the whole point of white vans, which is to thrash them to within an inch of their lives every journey.
Autobox in a van? You're missing the whole point of
white vans, which is to thrash them to within an inch
of their lives every journey.

See your point, but not really relevant to the question i was asking. My van is silver anyway!
Mercedes Vito - No tinted windows - nortones2
Possibly not offered by dealer/maker due to illegality of most tints.