Louise Goodman - oh dear - daveyjp
Report on TV this morning about lack of knowledge of basic car maintenance, it's part of the test now and most people would fail as they can't even open the bonnet. Louise Goodman v Quentin Willson arguing the usual men v women mechanical knowledge stuff.

All going well and Ms Goodman showed she had an interest in cars until she said something along the lines of - 'modern cars don't need looking at between services anyway'. Really?

If I'd taken this advice my car would have run out of oil months before it's first service. The extended interval on the A2 meant it needed new front tyres before it was serviced!
Louise Goodman - oh dear - Armitage Shanks {p}
Who is Louise Goodman - for the benefit of those of who live on Planet Zog, with Quentin (The Alien) Willson?
Louise Goodman - oh dear - daveyjp
Female ITV F1 presenter.
Louise Goodman - oh dear - Roger Jones
Looks like Louise Goodman was doing a good job representing the perception of all too many users of cars, modern and ancient. It's the laziness factor, as in "I want an easy life and I can't be bothered with these things".
Louise Goodman - oh dear - stevied
She's a celebrity! She doesn't have to open a car bonnet! : )

Welcome to 2006 and the infantisation (is that a word?) of life.....
Louise Goodman - oh dear - Altea Ego
What she meant to say was "they dont need looking at between trips to the garage "

A completely different thing if you drive a VW Touran.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
She is not a celebrity! She is somebody, known to 0.00001% of the poulation and she thinks she is a celebrity!
Louise Goodman - oh dear - richy
She used to work for minardi and Jordan F1 teams in the past, possibly in PR I think.
Louise Goodman - oh dear - Dynamic Dave
She used to work for minardi and Jordan F1 teams in
the past, possibly in PR I think.

She was in PR with Jordan. The only connection with Minardi was that her recently deceased parner, John Walton, was Minardi's sporting director.
Louise Goodman - oh dear - Dulwich Estate
More and more vehicle components are "sealed-for-life" now. What with batteries, some gearboxes, coolant systems etc. It doesn't surprise me that a lot of people think the bonnet is now one of those too!
Louise Goodman - oh dear - Adam {P}
What was it Dale Winton once said on the radio? He liked cars and they didn't have spark plugs anymore (or something like that) because of fuel injection?

Dipstick. (No offence, Dipstick!)
Louise Goodman - oh dear - Number_Cruncher
In the motoring section of the Telegraph the other week, James May was pictured holding a copy of Hillier's Fundamentals of Motor Vehicle Technology.

I wonder if he's actually read it?

Number_Cruncher
Louise Goodman - oh dear - stevied
I can't believe Jordan has her own F1 team....

When did that happen? She'll be writing a book next.
Louise Goodman - oh dear - Pugugly {P}
James is a proper piston head with a strong motoring pedigree, which is why I wonder how he was lured to do silly things on TG. He was a cracking writer in CAR at it's zenith.
James has published a good paperback of 'motoring thoughts' and he certainly wrote well in CAR. I was in tucks when I read an article about a trip he made to Iceland to test a Range Rover. He described how he was met by the local Rover rep who was "Wearing a Puffa jacket stuffed with albatrosses" - a marvellous surreal idea
Louise Goodman - oh dear - Dalglish
What was it Dale Winton once said on the radio? He liked cars
and they didn't have spark plugs anymore (or something like
that) because of fuel injection? Dipstick. (No offence, Dipstick!)

diesel engines - diesel is a "fuel".

?? who is a dipstick now ? ;-)

He said something equally as stupid regarding petrol engines I'm sure.

Go on one of your searches to find the thread.
Louise Goodman - oh dear - Dalglish
Go on one of your searches to find the thread.

>>

nice try, adam. you may be able to get others to fall for it, but i am not doing your work for you. how is the cv writing going? :: ;-) ::

Just peachy, thanks!