Pug 306 key stuck in ignition. Help ASAP - thomp1983
hey, the key on my 2001 1.9d 306 is stuck in the ignition, popped out to get some diesel, got to garage tried to turn key back won't go. fortunately it turns back far enough to kill engine but it is stuck in the ignition and doesn't go back far enough to turn of accessories so red battery light is still on. i have tried wiggling the steering wheel while turning key, tried moving adjustable column up and down whilst turn and have tried some wd40 none have worked. need some ideas sharpish please

cheers
chris
ok ive now gotten the key out of the lock. but now every time i put it back in the lock it won't turn any further than the accessory position. any ideas why this happens?

chris
Pug 306 key stuck in ignition. Help ASAP - Andrew-T
See if your spare key is the same - if so, the lock is on the way out.

You haven't got a spare? ....
Pug 306 key stuck in ignition. Help ASAP - Civic8
if so, the lock is on the way out.

very close to it from sound of it!

--
Steve
Pug 306 key stuck in ignition. Help ASAP - Civic8
Sorry,dont know the car,But would suggest removing cowling and disconnecting the plug that feeds the ignition switch, or remove switch itself from the Barrel ie bottom end of barrel.

I would hide it though as its an easy way to steal it if already disconnected,and in view...otherwise sounds like the ignition barrel has failed in some way??
--
Steve
andrew t you guessed it no spare key to test with. i have a replacement barrel i can fit to it i just can't remove the old one. it says there's an alignment mark between s and a the first 2 positions, then you push in a section on the barrel which releases it. there is no mark on my barrel so guess im gona have to drill it out tomorrow

cheers
chris
Pug 306 key stuck in ignition. Help ASAP - Victorbox
On older Vauxhall lock barrels (not sure about new ones) you push a thin bit of stiff wire into a hole near the base of the barrel near the switch to release the lock itself once key is turned to position 1 - any chance this is what you are looking for on the Pug?
Pug 306 key stuck in ignition. Help ASAP - sierraman
Generally the key needs to be in the lock in a certain position-French cars used to have a garage position,don't know if they still do-then there should be a small button that can be pushed in to release the barrel.
book says there an alignment mark between s and a positions then you push in button on barrel, but i can't see the alignment mark

chris
Pug 306 key stuck in ignition. Help ASAP - Collos25
I think the solution is going to be a new barrel don,t you think.