Fitting LPG to Legacy/forester - Surrey_Scientist

Further to my previous post asking about mpg on legacy/foresters, mpg seems pretty poor..

has anyone any experience of fitting LPG to one of these vehicles ?

Did a little research on the net and one or two people mention valve seat recession problems.

Someone else saying there is some gadget that can be fittted to the LPG system to feed in a valve lubricant additive - anyone know anything about this ??

Can anyone tell me if the spare wheeel well in these cars is in the boot floor (like most cars) so will take a wheel-well LPG tank or is it sat vertical in the side of the boot - apparently this is no good for the doughnut shaped tanks (not sure why ? is it mounting problems or because the take off point for the LPG is on the bottom of the tank which would then be up in the air if placed sideways ??)

Any knoweldge on this would be useful, as quite like thse look of these cars and would do exactly what I want, but the mpg is rather offputting.

Fitting LPG to Legacy/forester - bell boy
if you ask a professional outfit about fitting lpg i think you will find that its the engine layout that stops it being suitable rather than valve seat recession.
Im willing to be proved wrong mind.
Fitting LPG to Legacy/forester - Happy Blue!
The tank is likely to be in the spare wheel well.

The cara are great, why not just get one to enjoy it. How miles do you do a year?
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Fitting LPG to Legacy/forester - thallium81
The full size spare wheel is horizontal under the boot floor in an outback. But come on if you are that concerned about fuel costs buy a diesel, the cost of conversion from petrol to gas is high and the resale price of the car in the future will be reduced. There is no point in buying a Subaru if all you want is fuel economy they are not that sort of car. They do however have other qualities which make them desirable to some people.
Fitting LPG to Legacy/forester - barchettaman
Hi surreyscientist,
Here is a link to the German Subaru site, where Scoobys are sold with dealer-approved conversions. It may be helpful.

www.subaru-ecomatic.de/index2.shtml
Fitting LPG to Legacy/forester - vwdriver
Hi,

I totally agree with thallium's comment. I didn't have chance to comment on the last thread but subarus are great cars. Why is everyone knocking subaru? My parents drive an H6 outback although it may not give the best mpg but on motorway runs I've known it doing over 30. If you consider the alternatives the mpg isn't bad atall. The mpgs are very similar to those of large petrol estates from audi or bmw. To get the kind of performance from a diesel you would have to go for 3 litre diesels which are more expensive in the first place. They'd probably cost the same amount to own over with depreciation fuel costs etc, considering this I'd prefer to drive subaru with a powerful boxer engine.
Fitting LPG to Legacy/forester - L'escargot
Maybe I go to the wrong filling stations, or maybe I'm just plain unobservant, but I've yet to see one that sells LPG.
--
L\'escargot.