poor visability - scfc_151
i know theres is plenty of threads on this subject as i have read them....

But, i cant seem to get my windscreen as clear as id like it. I have new wipers (bosch) and use halfords screen wash. I also tried rain ex repellant which i wasnt that impressed with. Sure it gets rid of the rain but when cars are comming towards me with lights on i feel like ive got cataracts its that blurred.

Ive tried all of the usual to try and get rid of any silicone meths, fairy liquid, vinigar etc. Just wondered if it might be the screen wash im using? i read that comma screen wash won awards etc.

Also i have a light scratch from the gritters in my glass. Would jewellers rough get rid of this as ive heard some people use it?
poor visability - BazzaBear {P}
Do you know that it's the outside of the windscreen that is the problem?
I'd have a good go at cleaning the inside surface if I were you, it could make a big difference.
poor visability - BobbyG
If you have used Rain X then that is your problem. It stays on the screen for ages, making it smear and just never clean.

Either use copious amounts of vinegar or Autoglyms Glass cleaner. Both have worked well for me. And remember to clean your wipers as well!
poor visability - scfc_151
i think that is the problem bobby.

Its just really frustrating when ive used loads of degreaser vinigar meths and polish it still wont shift

i suppose it will over time but i dont think ill use rain x again.

Any advances on jewellers rough for scratches?

cheers
poor visability - artful dodger {P}
To help remove the film I would suggest using some very fine wire wool, e.g Liberon grade 0000, as this will not scratch the glass. This was recommended to me by my glass merchant, and it does work quickly without too much elbow grease.

--
Roger
I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to say.
poor visability - barchettaman
Link to a thread on here that may be useful regarding jeweller´s rouge:

snipurl.com/qy6g
poor visability - Buster Cambelt
Halfords used to sell an own brand "glass cutter" that was good at shifting grease and road fil.
poor visability - DavidHM
Try a dry microfibre cloth and lots of pressure and patience. Tesco do them for about £1.40 I think (and cheaper if you go for the 3-pack of Value ones for 89p but they're not quite as good).