Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - runboy
Does anyone know (or hazard a guess) at how well a Chrysler 300C saloon would fare in a crash, compared to my NCAP 5-star Toyota Avensis? Is the 300C going to be put through the NCAP test?

I'm sure Murphy The Cat will have something to say ;-)
Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - Vin {P}
My feeling (and I stress feeling) when I was driving one was that if I hit a bus the bus would come off worse. Not necessarily accurate, though.

V
Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - Gromit {P}
I expect its been through the US equivalent - the NTSB would be a good place to start looking.

Compare its score there to the Corolla, Camry and Honda Accord (all sold in the US), then from their Euro NCAP scores you should get a reasonable estimate how the 300C compares to the Avensis.
Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - barchettaman
....my feeling (and I stress feeling) when I was driving one was that if I hit a bus the bus would come off worse.....

Give one to TVM and you´ll soon find out.
ooh ooh ooh just found the site www.safercars.org which appears to be the USA's NCAP organisation. Looks good for the 300C, mostly 5's, with 2 4's (1 being dodgy, 5 being safest).

Just want to be able to tell the misses it is still as safe as the Avensis...should I want a 300C that is...dribble dribble...
Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - L'escargot
My feeling (and I stress feeling) when I was driving one
was that if I hit a bus the bus would come
off worse.

Not if it's one of our local buses. On the incredibly substantial front bumper it says "He who dares loses" ~ and I believe it!
--
L\'escargot.
Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - Murphy The Cat
Does anyone know (or hazard a guess) at how well a
Chrysler 300C saloon would fare in a crash, compared to my
NCAP 5-star Toyota Avensis? Is the 300C going to be put
through the NCAP test?
I'm sure Murphy The Cat will have something to say ;-)

Hi rumboy

You've got me stumped. Before I ordered my car I looked around for NCAP figures and I couldn't find any - no problem their as it was going to be new to Britain & europe and since then I've never given it a thought.
So far the nearest it has come to being damaged is by the valeter that I use
[IMG]i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Murphy2006/IMG_222...g[/I
MG]

I've gone onto chrysler.com and this page lists all of the awards that it has won (& it's a lot) includeing a 5 star frontal impact award
www.chrysler.com/300/awards.html

If you go to this link
www.smartcarguide.com/exp/usncap/idx.htm
then select make and model
then select manufacturer
then select 300 05-06 (its right at the top) you'll get the results - it looks pretty rock solid to me.

Failing that, we could always do a headon between me in my 300C and you in your Avensis to see who comes off worse (& no, I wouldn't like to swap cars for the test !!!).

MTC

one of the awards that the car won was from "The International Car Washers Assoc" who claim that it is the most wash friendly car in North America. If you buy one, and select Black, you and Mr Washbucket will soon be good friends.
whoops, heres the proper link to the picture of the valeter attending to my car.

tinyurl.com/ewpxf

MTC
Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - Phil I
Is that a PT lurking stage left?.. World contender for most horrible vehicle ever seen!!!

Trust the valeter is getting minimum wage rate:-)

Happy Motoring Phil I
Is that a PT lurking stage left?.. World contender for most
horrible vehicle ever seen!!!
Trust the valeter is getting minimum wage rate:-)
Happy Motoring Phil I

& he's been offered a stakeholder pension as well !!

the car on the left is a PT - it's Mrs Cats and she loves it.

Do you think that I/we may be the first people in Britain not employed by Chrysler to have 2 Chrysler cars ?

MTC
I need to know why Mrs. Cats has not been reported to the Style Police.

Phil I
I need to know why Mrs. Cats has not been reported
to the Style Police.
Phil I

Cowardice on my part

MTC
Best excuse of all:-))

Phil I
Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - Brit_in_Germany
Good idea how to avoid the hosepipe ban - use by person under the age of criminal responsibility.

Sure its a Chrysler in the photo - looks more like a Bentley!

BIG
Good idea how to avoid the hosepipe ban - use by
person under the age of criminal responsibility.
Sure its a Chrysler in the photo - looks more like
a Bentley!
BIG

Hi Brit in Germany

No hosepipe ban in the Lake District where I come from - we've got Lakes & Lakes full of water !

I parked my car next to a Bentley Flying Spur a fortnight or so ago and they do indeed look similar in a few ways - but when you look closer you can REALLY see the differences. The Bentley looks like it has gone to a really posh school and is on its way to play polo.
The 300C looks like it was carved from iron and is on it way to play rugby !

Interestingly enough (in my non-scientific test) four times as many people stopped and had a look around the 300C than looked over the Bentley - Saying that the Bentley owner told me that his car was very, very nice (as I told him mine was as well - nice chap).

MTC

p.s. its not that BIG, the valeter is only 2 !
Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - JH
I caught a glimpse in my door mirror, of a big car going past me on a dual carriageway. Brain said "Bentley" without thinking too much, but sure enough it was a 300C. I've seen quite a few and they do look good. The boot looks big enough to keep most of Norfolk in. At least from the outside.
JH
Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - Bill Payer
Does anyone know (or hazard a guess) at how well a
Chrysler 300C saloon would fare in a crash, compared to my
NCAP 5-star Toyota Avensis? Is the 300C going to be put
through the NCAP test?

I realise that you're just asking a simple question, but are you aware that NCAP ratings are not comparable across different sizes of vehicle?
The Avensis is (for NCAP purposes) a 'large family car'. I would guess that the 300C would be an 'executive car', so the NCAP rating of the 300C (even if it had one) wouldn't indicate its performance in a crash vs an Avensis.
Mmmmm, so are you saying a 5-star NCAP Renault Clio wouldn't perform the same in an identical crash to say, a 5-star NCAP Renault Laguna? Presume as the Laguna is a bigger car there is less chance of injury?

On that basis the 300C is probably a bit safer than the Avensis due to to interior space and weight/size of the vehicle.....the interior has further to go to make contact with the body and the sheer weight/size would absorb energy.

Anyhow, still ike the thing!

Murphy the cat-give me a shout if you are ever Norfolk way and I'll come out and wave a flag as you drive by!
Murphy the cat-give me a shout if you are ever Norfolk
way and I'll come out and wave a flag as you
drive by!

Hi runboy

sadly Norfolk isn't on my usual patch - the closest I usually get to is Cambridge (sorry if that is a dirty word to you).

MTC
Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - Adam {P}
I think the best way of looking at it is, that a 3 star Laguna is probably safer than a 5 star Clio.

It's not absolute but you get the point.
Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - Vincent de Marco
300C is an absolute tank. Last year one of our best swimmers hit a tree with it doing over 150 km/h and simply went away with little scratches only.
- - - - - - -
I am the only Pole over here.
Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - Pugugly {P}
ear one of our best swimmers

Was it a pool car ?
Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - Vincent de Marco
yeah, it can swim quite nicely, only you have to put it into W (for 'water') instead of D (for 'drive') ;)
- - - - - - -
I am the only Pole over here.
From todays Sun it seems that it doesn't do much good when up against a digger being driven by a maniac.
www.thesun.co.uk
www.thesun.co.uk/section/0,,2,00.html

MTC
Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - Big Bad Dave
"Last year one of our best swimmers hit a tree with it doing over 150 km/h and simply went away with little scratches only"

Killed her brother though who was sitting in the passenger seat.
Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - Gromit {P}
Mmmmm, so are you saying a 5-star NCAP Renault Clio wouldn't
perform the same in an identical crash to say, a 5-star
NCAP Renault Laguna?

That' s what NCAP say in their explaination of how they conduct the tests. You can only reliably compare NCAP ratings between cars in the same segment e.g. Clio vs. Yaris, Laguna vs. Avensis.
Presume as the Laguna is a bigger car there is less chance of injury?

That would depend on the type of accident. Being bigger, the Laguna can carry the weight of more structural reinforcement to protect against impact. But more weight also give a higher momentum if it collides with, say, a wall or safety barrier.

If you look back to the early NCAP tests, some large cars got very poor scores - it isn't just weight that makes a car safer, but how carefully its been designed for crash worthiness. Something at which Renault, to use your example, excel (Just ask TVM!).
Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - Altea Ego
I can only comment that buses are not as well built as you think. Ergo why the then RF crawled out of the 5* goona (albeit in some pain, deaf and burned from the airbags) and the bus driver with whom i picked a fight had to be cut free by the fire brigade. He (and i come to that) was lucky I hit him on the nearside front of the bus (ie not on drivers corner) as the other corner was a mess as would the driver have been.

Dont take into account the relative merits of how big you are, I still think the merits of how all the safety systems are designed and work in harmony are what really matters.

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Crash in a Chrysler 300C? - PW
How about a 300c 'bus' then?

www.hirelimos.com/interiors/largepic2.php?picid=14