new stereo not keeping its memory. Golf - adam f
got a new cd player for my 1997 mk3 golf today and installed it. it went in easily enough, plugged straight into original cables via a the kenwood adaptor.
i stored the radio staions as normal. later on went back out and the station were no longer stored. stored them again and later on again the same happened. why is it not holding the stations in the memory?
any help/ideas
new stereo not keeping its memory - Galaxy
It sounds to me like the permanent supply to the stereo isn't connected, or, if it is connected, is connected to a supply that's switched by the ignition switch.

The stereo will need two supplies.

One will be switched via the ignition switch and this is the main power supply for the unit.

The second one is the permanent supply which is responsible for keeping the various memories backed-up. This supply must be permanently live at all times, and must not be supplied via the ignition switch.

I hope this makes sense.
new stereo not keeping its memory - Dynamic Dave
IIRC, it's generally Vauxhall and VW that have *problems* with the iso connectors. As Galaxy suggests, you have to wire the iso connector slightly differently to how it came out of the packaging. When I bought one for a previous Vauxhall, the instructions that came with the iso adapter mentioned which wires needed to be swapped.
new stereo not keeping its memory - George Porge
You'll find that you have to swap the yellow and red wires on the radio's loom over using the bullet connectors provided. Reconnect red to yellow / yellow to red. 2minute job if you have the radio removal tools with the kit (the bullet connectors are prefitted by the manufacturer for this purpose). Good luck with it.
new stereo not keeping its memory - bell boy
i agree every radio i have bought lately specifically explains vauxhall and vw to add if you get it wrong on a vauxhall you can cause serious ecu problems (been there got the bill)
new stereo not keeping its memory - mfarrow
IIRC, it's generally Vauxhall and VW that have *problems* with the
iso connectors.

As well as Sony! I just don't understand why these companies have switched the wires round like this. If it's a set standard then stick to it!

--------------
Mike Farrow