civic mpg - P.Mason {P}
I've driven a 1998 Civic Aerodeck (1.6 non-VTEC) for the past 4 years, and always thought that it was returning 30-35 mpg, though I'd not checked.
Last weekend I drove to Hull and back, and working on the 'top-up to top-up'calculation, I was pleasantly astonished to find that it appeared to be returning 41-43mpg. Admittedly, there wasn't much low gear work and I didn't exceed 70mph.
Are there any Backroomers driving a similar car who can verify this consumption?

regards,
P.
civic mpg - P.Mason {P}
Sorry, should have mentioned that it's a manual, (with 95k on the clock, if that makes a difference)
P.
civic mpg - Falkirk Bairn
1.6Vtec Aerodeck (80,000 mls) 2000 model gets 36 normally, 38-40 on along run but the previous 1.5 Civic Coupe would manage 44 on a long run.

The 1.6 does not feel any faster pottering around in fact it is probably slower off the mark - my DiL new Civic gets 40/41 mpg out of a 1.8 with normal commuting to work and it is significantly better performance.
civic mpg - edisdead {P}
Never had an Aerodeck, but I've driven several similar Civics, and in my experience 40+ mpg is easily achievable with this engine, particularly given the driving pattern you describe. Current Civic (1996 1.5 lsi auto, 3dr, 95k miles) regularly returns 44 mpg at this time of year.
Ed.