Can't find the right soft top - Zippy123
I am about to change my company car and would really like a soft top with four seats so that Z4 is not on the list.

I really like the Saab 9-3 and the VW Eos but my company scheme works best when you choose a 2.2 to 2.4 non-turbo petrol engine and these two don?t make them.

I have had a look around but can?t find anything with the right engine size.

Any ideas?
Can't find the right soft top - blue_haddock
The BMW 320i is now a 2.2 non turbo and should seat 4 people.
Can't find the right soft top - mk_king
Vauxhall Astra do a 2.2 petrol rag top that looks very nice, good build quality, handling and the equipment level is even generous. And no I don't work for Vauxhall! Good luck!
Thanks,

Like the BMW, as usual, even on our scheme it is expensive.

Could not find the Vauxhall on their site though.

Shame the others decided to turbo their 1995cc engines as our scheme works just on engine size and while the cars Saabs etc are cheaper to lease they are more expensive for the individual fuel wise (a quirk of the mileage rate).
Can't find the right soft top - Peter S
If you're happy with diesel I think MB do a CLK 220 CDI in convertible form, which might work quite well...

HTH

Peter
Should have also added, don't Audi do an A4 2.4 convertible?

Peter
Sorry, diesels don't work on the list and Audi have deleted the A4 2.4 ragtop. This was almost perfect, cheaper than the BMW and right petrol engine size!
Sorry, diesels don't work on the list and Audi have deleted
the A4 2.4 ragtop. This was almost perfect, cheaper than the
BMW and right petrol engine size!

Ah, OK - didn't realise that!! How about the Volvo C70 then? I think that has a 2.4 petrol...

Peter
Can't find the right soft top - Armitage Shanks {p}
Volvo has way too much scuttle shake - according to the road tests
I know the old one did, but thought the new one with its folding hard top might have been improved!! Obviously not though...

Peter
Can't find the right soft top - Armitage Shanks {p}
HJ's roadtest of the new version doesn't specifically metion scuttle shake - to be fair!
Can't find the right soft top - Nickdm
- The Volvo C70 has a 2.4i petrol engine (170bhp) and I've not read about scuttle-shake anywhere. But how quickly do you want one? I paid a 10% deposit at the end of March and they still haven't even given me a factory build date! November earliest I was told back in April.. :-(

But you can find some dealer demonstrators for sale already if nearly new is a route for you.