Another Passat question - charlesa
My 2001 TDI 130 with 88k miles has started making a slight whistling noise, I assume from the turbo. It starts at around 2000 rpm when it appears to whistle quietly at a constant pitch before stopping. The whistle does not get more pronounced as the revs rise. Does anyone have any thoughts? Incidentally, the car has an AA warranty until August. If this is turbo related am I likely to be covered?
Thanks in advance
Another Passat question - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Does the whistle stop - or does it stay the same as revs rise?
I am confused by the above.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Another Passat question - charlesa
The whistle kicks in at 2000 rpm but stops as the revs rise
Another Passat question - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
I rarely hear my turbo whistling above the general clamour and only hear a slight noise as it gets up to speed.
If it is loud enough to hear at higher revs I think you may have a problem which needs checking. I'm no expert but check all the turbo ducting for loose joints.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Another Passat question - Big John
At times I can hear a slight turbo whistle from my 53 Skoda Superb when driving with the windows down.(almost the same oily bits as the Previous Passat/Audi A4)
On an old Passat 1.6TD I owned (1990) a few years ago the only turbo whistle I heard was when the exhaust failed, I didnt even realise it was blowing as the engine made sooo much noise.