E type picture - cabsmanuk
As far as I am concerned (and I appreciate it may not be the view of many people), there are only two designs of car, boxes on wheels and the early Jaguar E type. Sadly appart from one memorable half hour I am destined forever to own and drive the former. To get to the point of this posting I am looking for a good quality picture or poster, the bigger the better.Does anyone know where I can find one?

Keep upright

Chris

E type picture - Ian (Cape Town)
Go to google, select 'images' and type in "jaguar e-type".

You'd be amazed what you can get...
Results 1 - 20 of about 13,600 for jaguar e-type . (0.06 seconds)
Obviously the higher the image size the better - work on 240dpi for hi resolution, 150-odd for lo-res IF you want to print them.
NB - Copyright may exist.
E type picture - Stuartli
Plenty online:

www.justinbanks.com/13-Main.html

www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z9539/default.aspx

www.babez.de/jaguar/select.php

Just a small number of many.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
E type picture - barchettaman
Plenty on eBay if you use it, from a quid:

snipurl.com/q838
E type picture - Altea Ego
"As far as I am concerned (and I appreciate it may not be the view of many people), there are only two designs of car, boxes on wheels and the early Jaguar E type"

And how is the guide dog?

Of course the early E type was pure sex on wheels. There have however been numerous cars since then equally loaded with visual pheremones...
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
E type picture - Nsar
'ere you lookin' at my &*%$£*&! Multipla?
E type picture - Altea Ego
Ah - thats what made him blind.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
E type picture - type's'
Surely the current Aston Martin range have to be up there with the e-type in terms of looks - they are gorgeous -

E type picture - JH
It would have looked an awful lot better if they hadn't stuffed the wheels deep into the wheelarches, like a Commer van.
JH
E type picture - Sofa Spud
Although the Jaguar E-type was a stunner during its production years - especially the coupe version (rather than the 2+2), I don't think the design has aged as well as some others. I agree with the above post that the inset wheels and flattened wheelarches which once signified speed and streamlining no longer do so.

Other less adventurous designs, including the humble MGB and the brutal AC Cobra have stood the test of time better, as has the early 1950's Jaguar C-Type.

E type picture - Adam {P}
The original Mustang design will never look old.
E type picture - Sofa Spud
The final series E-type looked better with its wider track but the grille was a bit untidy. Had it been built with the original grille and faired in headlights it would have looked better. These cars were known as V12 E-types but the V12 engine was originally an option while the standard car had the 4.2 litre 6-cylinder XK engine. So few 6-cylinder cars were ordered that the model was soon dropped and they are a great rarity.

The same thing happened with the Jaguar XK120 when it was announced in 1948 , the first car with the famous XK engine.
The base model was to be the XK100 with a 4-cylinder engine but nobody ordered any so none were sold but in recent years a batch of 4-cylinder Jagaur twin-cam engies were found in the corner of a factory - I wonder if any were used to create a Jaguar XK100!