Young driver insurance - not so bad? - local yokel
Daughter #1 has a Punto 55, and we insured it in her name when she got it, before she passed her test. Passed 6 months ago, and just renewed her insurance, for £460 TPFT. She's 18, it's kept on the drive, no mods, no accidents/convictions.

I did go to confused.com to get prices, and the company she was with in year 1 was about £200 more expensive. Year 1 was £735.

I was still pelasantly surprised at £460 - how much more might it come down if she keeps a clean record?
Young driver insurance - not so bad? - Armitage Shanks {p}
A further premium reduction can be achieved by reaching the reuqired standard in "Pass Plus". It involves 6 hours tuition so that is going be £200 (?) and it has to be taken with 12 months of passing the initial driving test. However, over time, I imagine that the premium reductions available would well exceed the cost of the training plus, one hopes that the course does improves one's driving skills.
Young driver insurance - not so bad? - David Horn
Can you tell us who your daughter is insured with?
She's now insured with Allen & Allen - who have a trading name called Quote-a-car. They were the cheapest when I put her details through confused.com - I can't find a web page for the company. The confused.com results gave an 0870 number to call, which I no longer have. Endsleigh were only £35 more expensive.
Young driver insurance - not so bad? - Adam {P}
I'm 20 with 3 years no claims and your daughter is paying less than half of what I am.

Good result I'd say!
I've not done the sums to xsee if it's worthwhile, but a lad she knows had a moped, and so had one year NCB which he carried onto his first car policy.
Yes Adam but you are a chap with a heavy right foot and bursting with male hormones! Ford Focus saloon - well maybe no testosterone but still a chap, and a very cool one, now that your a/c is working!
Young driver insurance - not so bad? - No FM2R
These people ??? The review at the end makes uncomfortable reading.

ALLEN & ALLEN (HIGHGATE) LTD

1 WATERLOO GDNS
MILNER SQUARE
LONDON N1 1TY

020 7609 6100
020 7609 2201 (fax)

www.ciao.co.uk/Allen_Allen_Highgate_Ltd__Review_54...4
I'd read the review, afterwards! However, I'm fortunate enough to be able to pay up front - they wanted 12% for installments, which isn't bad, but I can borrow at 5.95%, if I need to.
Allen & Allen (Highgate) Penthouse Flat 2 Waterloo Gardens Milner Square london N1 1TY

There is a really impressive business address - a North London flat!
Young driver insurance - not so bad? - MichaelR
Current best quote for my next year: £1155.

I love insurance, it's so reasonably priced.
Young driver insurance - not so bad? - Bill Payer
Current best quote for my next year: £1155.
I love insurance, it's so reasonably priced.

Yep, you get completely unlimited cover for just £1000.