Accord fan/ ac - apm
Dear all,

GF's mother has 2000 X Accord 2.0 vtec. Great car in all respects, save that the blower is really pathetic. On full (setting 4), very little air actually comes through the vents. Doesn't seem to make much difference where the air is directed. Is this a general issue with this age of Accord (ie live with it), or is there something wrong that we need to have checked?

Thanks in advance,

Alex.
--
Dr Alex Mears
MG BGT 1971
If you are in a hole stop digging...unless
you are a miner.
Accord fan/ ac - daveyjp
Pollen filter? Mine was changed at it's last service after 16,000 miles. When I started the car you could tell from the sound of air entering the cabin that it had been changed.
Accord fan/ ac - Xileno {P}
I was thinking the same thing. Worth replacing these every 12 months, mine was filthy after that time. Just shows what a good job it's doing.
Accord fan/ ac - P 2501
I have the same problem on mine (2000 x vtec accord). Weedy output from the vents. I did wonder if these had a pollen filter fitted - Anyone know whereabouts it is?
Accord fan/ ac - Andy P
I'm not certain but I think it's behind the glovebox.
Accord fan/ ac - Andy P
A bit more info:

www.troublecodes.net/articles/cabinair.shtml
Accord fan/ ac - Dynamic Dave
P 2501, I was going to suggest looking on the puravent website, but they don't seem to list your pollen filter.
Accord fan/ ac - P 2501
Thanks for that link, although that is a LHD accord, it looks identical to the RHD. Worth a go this weekend i reckon.

I assume most Honda main dealers would stock replacement filters?

Cheers
Accord fan/ ac - P 2501
Just had a thought - as i dont get hay fever, could i simply remove the spent filters and do without one? or is the pollen filter necessary for other reasons?
Accord fan/ ac - Dave N
Take the glovebox lid off, and it's there. You can run without if you like, but you'll need to put some tape over the slot that it fits into.
Accord fan/ ac - P 2501
Well i had a go this weekend and was defeated. Dave N - I can't see how simply removing the glove box lid can achieve anything. The lid doesn't actually obscure anything. The instructions i printed off via the link above tell you to remove the entire glove box, which i had a go at doing and failed. I removed all screws i could see in the vicinity and the thing wouldnt budge.

Accord fan/ ac - elekie&a/c doctor
Access to the pollen filter requires removal of the glovebox (complete)and the metal framework mounting that supports it.Watch you don't break the glove box lamp unit.The filter is slid out from behind a plastic cover.
Accord fan/ ac - P 2501
Thanks. May have another go when i have time.