Chrysler PT Cruiser - blue_haddock
Are these cars becoming the choice of the middle aged chav?

I've seen loads recently with tons of extra chrome bling bits on them and none of them have looked good. In fact they make your average saxo look appealing!
Chrysler PT Cruiser - Aprilia
'Orrible looking things. Not much going for them in any other department either.
Chrysler PT Cruiser - LHM
It's the motoring equivalent of Last of the Summer Wine - well, well past its sell-by date....
For all the PT bling you could ever want

www.ptcompany.co.uk/
Chrysler PT Cruiser - Murphy The Cat
Quite frankly I'm shocked !!!!!

Mrs Cat has a Electric Blue PT CRD and she loves it. Every time she goes out in it she has someone chat to her about it and say how much they like it - so there is more than her that enjoys it.

10/10 to Chrysler for making cars that look a bit different to the norm. (even if everyone doesn't enjoy the look of them)

MTC

p.s. it's not altogether my cup of tea, but it's a very, very practical car, that is a lot more versatile than its "unusual" looks give the impression of being.
The actual base car i'm not that bothered about Murphy - it's all the nasty stick on bits that people add to 'individualise' their car that disturbs me.
The actual base car i'm not that bothered about Murphy -
it's all the nasty stick on bits that people add to
'individualise' their car that disturbs me.

No worries Blue haddock, some owners really seem to "ahem" let their imagination wander and leave their good taste behind.

MTC
Chrysler PT Cruiser - massey
Car should be called a PMT Cruiser?
Chrysler PT Cruiser - mrmender
we were at a classic car show last year when lo & behold the North West pt owners club arrived on mass!!
Some were chaved up to the eye balls with "mods" the bloke next to me said ah a definate marmite car.... you either love em or hate them!
Chrysler PT Cruiser - Perfection
The car reminds me of the cars used throughtout German during WW 2. I don't like them at all. They're like taxis.
Chrysler PT Cruiser - type's'
I am amazed at some of the people buying these cars. What I thought were normal families (mondeo on the drive and all that) with 2.4 kids etc suddenly buying these things and chaving them up. I don't know if it's the type of people who can't afford to drop the mondeo for the more common 3 series and so they buy these (just a thought).
I am not a big fan at all although I rode in a friends (he is 67 and bought one new !!) and I was impressed with the merc diesel - but that was about it.
Chrysler PT Cruiser - Lud
Nice doorhandles, badges etc. Unexciting drive, but the manual version adequate. Quite like the retro early-40s fastback look, but only quite. My niece-in-law has got one and quite likes it, but is getting tired of it.

I'm trying to persuade her to get a 300C if she finds she can drive it, MTC.
The PT's based on the Neon chassis - enough said I think!
I'm trying to persuade her to get a 300C if she
finds she can drive it, MTC.

Hi Lud

I have a 300c and the word from MTC is buy one, buy one, buy one.

I could fill a page here with all the good things about a 300C but that would be fairly pointless until ,you drive one for yourself.
If it helps your case at all, Mrs Cat absolutely loves driving my 300c (for all sorts of reasons)but a quick word of warning. Don't buy a 300C if you would get upset at complete strangers coming up to you and telling you what a great looking car you have. Likewise, evert time I drive in town I get numerous rubber neckers wanting a second (& third & fourth) look at it.

MTC
Chrysler PT Cruiser - mrmender
forgot to mention mrs mm loves 'em!!...... No taste... well she married me!
Chrysler PT Cruiser - Vansboy
I've not driven the 'new' diesel, but was pretty impressed with the old unit.

The interior is a bit of a let down, although extreemly versatile - especially the picnic table/laodspace cover, it's really strong, ideal for tailgate parties, or whatever they're called.

The old model cloth trim, far superior to the leather, not so sure on the latest model.

& apparently it's NOT a Neon underneath, once you start reading about it's development. the seccess was even a surprise for Chrysler, it seems - much to the delite, of the Mexico factory. That;ll be on overtime for a long while yet.

& this is the one I'd buy - but of course, sunroof is NOT a UK option!!

www.americancarfans.com/print.cfm/ID/2050817.005/l...g

VB
we were at a classic car show last year when lo
& behold the North West pt owners club arrived on mass!!
Some were chaved up to the eye balls with "mods" the
bloke next to me said ah a definate marmite car.... you
either love em or hate them!

Hi mrmender

I know what you mean. I like to think of them as harmless eccentrics - at the end of the day, they are doing noone else any harm and its a bit of harmless fun.

MTC
Here's an odd statistic for you - PT Cruiser sales are up in America by 46% over the same period as last year.

Strange but true.

MTC
Chrysler PT Cruiser - Round The Bend
I've seen a few of these recently with mock bullet holes in them. No idea why they do this.

_______
IanS
Chrysler PT Cruiser - bell boy
I've seen a few of these recently with mock bullet holes
in them. No idea why they do this.
_______
IanS

because its incredibly difficult to find a good 2cv with them on?
I've seen a few of these recently with mock bullet holes
in them. No idea why they do this.
_______
IanS

for no other reason than it makes them happy !

if you want to see what you can do to a PT when you have too much money & too little taste, try this place www.autotrucktoys.com/ptcruiser/

be warned though, it may be just too much for some people.

MTC
Chrysler PT Cruiser - smokie
I actually quite like PTs (but wouldn't buy one). They have a retro gangster kind of look and as has already been said are a break from the bland Euro styling of so many of today's cars.

I believe there is a much larger engine available in the US version.
Chrysler PT Cruiser - Adam {P}
I agree with Smokie.

They're nice because they're so different. It'd be cool if your Mum/Wife/Sister had one.

But not you.
I actually quite like PTs (but wouldn't buy one). They have
a retro gangster kind of look and as has already been
said are a break from the bland Euro styling of so
many of today's cars.
I believe there is a much larger engine available in the
US version.

Hi smokie

funnily enogh they only get a 2.4 lt engine in the USA - just like us, but in the US they gaet a Turbo version as well.

Currently, this car (linked earlier)
www.americancarfans.com/print.cfm/ID/2050817.005/l...g
is retailing at just over £11000 and you can pick up the base version for about £7500.

Criminal what we pay over here.

MTC
Here's a shocker for you - March 2006 saw PT Cruiser sales worldwide exceed 1 million of the funny looking motor.

Chrysler PT Cruiser - Xileno {P}
At least it's different from the seemingly endless flood of Euro dross boxes we seem to get inflicted upon us.
Chrysler PT Cruiser - Group B
funnily enogh they only get a 2.4 lt engine in the
USA - just like us, but in the US they gaet
a Turbo version as well.

Thats what amuses me about them. People stick chrome all over the already 'look at me I'm different' styling, but underneath its only got a poxy 4 cylinder engine. Bit of a sheep in wolfs clothing. IMO they should do a V6 version to make them at least sound interesting, to go with the strange looks.
But each to their own anyway...
;o)
Chrysler PT Cruiser - Round The Bend
"Bit of a sheep in wolfs clothing"

Not with those looks. A sheep in ardvark's clothing perhaps!
_______
IanS
Black ones always look like they should be in a funeral procession to me. Ugly cars and no one will ever convince me differently. They have a certain 'retro' relevance in the US, but not in England.
It would be awful dull if we all liked the same thing.

MTC
Chrysler PT Cruiser - Chad.R
Saw a convertible one yesterday on a 06 plate IIRC. I thought it looked slightly better than the hardtop ....but not much.
Chrysler PT Cruiser - Sofa Spud
Re. the site selling add-on bits for PT Cruisers:

Did anyone notice that you can get full spats to cover the rear wheel-arches? Also a dummy spare wheel cover to go on the tailgate that might be useful for keeping a bicycle wheel in!

Since the standard PT Cruiser is no oil painting, I'm not going to weep any tears over people who want to make them look even uglier!