c5 noise from front when turning right - xantia man
can anyone help i have a c 5 vtr and have a noise from the weel or driveshaft more noticable when turning right ,if i turn to the left it goes.its not a click click sound but more like a bearing sound it comes on at about 30 .i have taken it back to the dealer once but sods law they couldnt here it. its better to here it on a very smooth worn out road. dave.
c5 noise from front when turning right - Peter D
Sounds like the front N/S wheel bearing but could also be the rear on the same side. How many miles have you done. Regards Peter
c5 noise from front when turning right - xantia man
thanks peter i have don 42 thou.when i turn the weel there does seem to b a little bit of travel at the inner end of driveshaft is this normal it doesent seem to b in the cv joint though. and doesnt do it on the other side.dave
c5 noise from front when turning right - Mondaywoe
Citroens don't, as a rule, give many problems with wheel bearings. I had my previous car (Xantia) for 9 years / 105,000 miles and never changed a wheel bearing. My C5 has now done nearly 59,000 miles and again, no problems. It's also something that I've never come across on the C5 forums.

On the other hand there is a known problem of the back calipers twisting (corrosion against steel backplate)and contacting the disc. It's also possible that the handbrake cables could be over adjusted - nipping on a front brake on full lock.

Check also that nothing is fouling the disc/ wheel at full lock. I've a feeling there is a splash plate on the front calipers that is easily bent - making occasional contact on hard lock.

Might just be a sound from the power steering. Have you checked this out?

Graeme
c5 noise from front when turning right - Collos25
Drive shaft xm,s were famous for it and its the same unit
c5 noise when turning right - xantia man
hi i posted a month ago about this but still havnt solved the problem.still getting the noise but also now a juddering has started. i turned right going up steep hill in second gear car was juddering all the time whilst under strain. also noticed it on reversing out of parking space on other lock .car still under warranty butwant to have a good idea wot prob is before taking it back for 3rd time.
c5 noise when turning right - Civic8
Do you mean clutch judder,wont count if auto...what was the noise?? Didnt see your post or missed it?
--
Steve
the clutch was out when the judder happened so dont think its that .its like dry bearings but mechanic say they dont think its a wheel bearing.
c5 noise when turning right - Peter D
Sounds like a CV joint has failed. Regards Peter
thanks peter. i know about clicking on a cv joint is that the only noise they make this is like dry bearings but mechanics say its not a weel bearing im totaly lost.trying to find it before i take it back to citroen for the third time. do you get juddering from them also. dave