windscreen condensation - Justine
My new W Reg Corsa appears to be suffering excessive interior condensation on the windscreen and windows. This happens when the car has been left sitting for any period of time.
Anyone have any ideas as to the cause?
Thanks.
Re: windscreen condensation - Paul C
My X reg old style 3 dr Corsa has condensation problems, but it is caused by the the fact that the 3/4 light windows don't open, and so no air gets to them, and they tend to steam up. However, the windscreen has always been fine. Haven't tought of a soln to the windows steaming up, I think it is just a design flaw.

Paul
Re: windscreen condensation - Dave N
As you say 'new', was it valeted before you got it? If so, the seats and carpets are probably still holding a lot of water, that manifests itself as condensation on the cold screen. Just keep the car warm inside when running and crack a window open to let the condensation out. You would be amazed how much condensation you can get from a slightly damp interior.

You may also like to chek the pollenfilter, if fitted, as these often get damp.
Re: windscreen condensation - Justine
This may be the answer as the car was valeted before I collected it about 5 days ago. I shall see if the problem clears up in a week or so.
Thanks.
Re: windscreen condensation - KB
As per Dave's reply, you could check under the carpets and the well in the boot to make sure there's no wetness. If it's got Air-Conditioning that's another point to consider (previously covered in detail here - do a search). There's also the question of whether to keep the fresh air vents open or closed when parked overnight (also covered here at the same time as above).

Hopefully someone else may remember the dates of the previous coverage and let you know. I tried the RAIN X Anti fog Treatment but wasn't all that impressed. The main thing in my case was the Air Conditioning aspect, so check that if you've got it fitted.

KB.
Re: windscreen condensation - John Davis
Justine,
I am not conversant with the Corsa but, does the heating/ventilation system control have an internal "recirculating" position and a position for "fresh air" ? I have found, on some other vehicles, that the re-circulating heater arrangement leads to excessive condensation inside the vehicle. You might like to investigate this.