Nissan QX Maxima - oakaged
The air bag light is stuck on.
Have been told it is the seat belt tensioner.
How can I fix this and is there a removable fuse that removes the annoying warning light?
Nissan QX Maxima - Adam {P}
I'm not sure if it's the same on Nissans but if you look under the driver's seat (or maybe even passenger seat) there should be some connectors. A common problem is when the seat gets moved back and forth, these become disconnected thus illuminating the light.

Might be worth a look?
Nissan QX Maxima - Dynamic Dave
is there a removable fuse that removes the annoying warning light?

Probably, but not a wise move in the interests of safety. As Adam says, check the connections under the seats.
Nissan QX Maxima - Aprilia
Assuming we are talking about the A32 series Maxima/QX (1995-2000) then looking under the seats for connectors could prove a waste of time - there aren't any!

This airbag system has built-in self-diagnostics. Get in the car, and with the door open turn the ignition ON, then quickly press the driver's door switch 5 times within 7 seconds. The airbag light will now flash a fault code consisting of long and short pulses. If you post the code here then I will tell you what the fault is. Alternatively you could post your e-mail address I can arrange to sort you out with the necessary technical information.
Nissan QX Maxima - Dynamic Dave
Alternatively you could post your e-mail address ....

Or if you want, email me and I'll forward it onto Aprilia.

dave_moderator@honestjohn.co.uk

ps, sorry about giveing wrong info earlier, re seat connectors.

DD.
Nissan QX Maxima - Adam {P}
Whoops! I also apologise.

I'll stick to what I'm good at. If anyone knows what that is, let me know!
Nissan QX Maxima - R75
Whoops! I also apologise.
I'll stick to what I'm good at. If anyone knows what
that is, let me know!

Digging holes!!!!
Nissan QX Maxima - oakaged
Thanks all.
pressing the door switch did nothing.
Fiddling about with the wiring under the seat fixed it.
I dont know which wire - I just pushed and twisted all the wires that I could reach.
Nissan QX Maxima - Aprilia
Thanks all.
pressing the door switch did nothing.
Fiddling about with the wiring under the seat fixed it.
I dont know which wire - I just pushed and twisted
all the wires that I could reach.

Be careful! The wire at the bottom of the seat on the QX is for the side airbags (these are in the sides of the seats) - so take care! (should disconnect battery and wait 10 minutes before touching them). There is a 'known problem' on the QX in that the loom for the side airbags is a bit too short and the connector can come apart.
If you press the door switch in the correct sequence it will bring up the fault codes (this also works on P144 Primera, which seems to have the same airbag system as the QX).