Fiesta Mk4 front suspension bushes - smokie
Is this a relatively easy task - i.e. one that even I could do? I have a trolley jack and a socket set :-) Any estimate how long it might take? I guess it's easier to get a whole new arm than just the bushes?

I also have Haynes for Mk3 and it doesn't look too tricky. I've searched for a guide but to no avail.
Er - it may be a MK5. 2000 year.
Fiesta Mk4 front suspension bushes - Galaxy
If it's the same as a Mondeo you have to cut the rear bolt on the nearside wishbone off and replace it with one put in from below with the nut on top. The reason for this is that it fouls the gearbox. Offside is OK.

The only other alternative method is to lower the front subframe or raise the engine and gearbox a few inches to get the bolt out.

Tracking will need to be checked after replacing wishbone or bushes.

Fiesta Mk4 front suspension bushes - bell boy
The front bolt can get captivated in the subframe where it goes through the steel sleeve in the wishbone it will either come straight out or be a real pig,ive had to burn the rubber out before now to be able to get in with a hacksaw blade to cut the bolt out.
I would suggest you buy a new wishbone of proper quality (not a sweatshop one) if you intend keeping the car.
New pinch bolts for the balljoint are a quid at ford and do need replacing with new when stripped.
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Fiesta Mk4 front suspension bushes - van man
if your gonna replace the nearside arm and put bolt thru the wrong way eg from bottom with nut on top remember to cut off the excess or the bolt could puncture the gearbox caseing we have just replaced a box as its owner thought he was a mechanic till he got the bill for new gearbox correct way is to lower subframe on nearside it will be tight but can be done p.s watch your fingers if your not mechanically minded leave to a PROPER MECHANIC (you dont see bakers building houses do you)
Very good point van man, yes, if the bolt protrudes past the end of the nut then the excess must be cut off to prevent the possibility of it hitting the gearbox and punching a hold in it.

However, I have read on the Mondeo Owners Forum that Ford now supply a shorter bolt to overcome this problem.

It's obviously something that needs to be checked.
gearbox and punching a hold in it.

Sorry, should read "......and punching a hole in it.
sorry galaxy and van man havent a clue what you are talking about,the front bolt on a fiesta goes front to back not earth to sky
--
Fiesta Mk4 front suspension bushes - van man
if you read the previous messages old man it clearly states IF ITS THE SAME AS A MONDEO then thats the correct procedure you really should read all the messages before jumping in.x
Fiesta Mk4 front suspension bushes - martint123
Not very helpful?. Why go on about mondeos when the question was about a fiesta. Especially when its not always obvious which posts you are replying to.
You really should read the question.

if you read the previous messages old man it clearly states
IF ITS THE SAME AS A MONDEO then thats the correct
procedure you really should read all the messages before jumping in.x

your avin a larf..............yes?
--
Fiesta Mk4 front suspension bushes - Dynamic Dave
ok, enough of the bickering please, and get back to answering the original question posted by Smokie. DD.
have you sorted this yet poster?
--
Nah...not yet - I only asked last Friday!

I'll jack it up soon and take a looksee - don't want to bite off more than I can chew...