Pug 206 Reg.51 - 1.1 Cambelt - Kit - autumnboy
My wife contacted a Motor factor for a Cambelt for her Pug 1.1 on a 51 plate. They asked if she want the Belt only or the kit aswell.

What does the kit consist of and is it necessary to use it. I have the info ect. of how to tension the belt.

Your comments please
Pug 206 Reg.51 - 1.1 Cambelt - Kit - tonyglover9
only ever fit a kit. also consider a waterpump if it runs on the cam belt
So what is in the kit ???
Pug 206 Reg.51 - 1.1 Cambelt - Kit - Dynamic Dave
The belt tensioner pulley.
Thanks Dave
Pug 206 Reg.51 - 1.1 Cambelt - Kit - Dynamic Dave
But don't quote me on that. There *may* be other stuff in the kit as well.
Pug 206 Reg.51 - 1.1 Cambelt - Kit - Chas{P}
Motaquip part number for this is VTT120.

Kit consists 1 belt and a tensioner as DD correctly stated.

HTH
--
Was Charles {P} but someone c o p i e d my name with spaces.
Someone mentioned that the Kit with the tensioner pulley is for the diesels and not petrols.????
Pug 206 Reg.51 - 1.1 Cambelt - Kit - Carrow
For petrols too. Gates number is K015127XS OR K015547XS depending on engine number.
Pug 206 Reg.51 - 1.1 Cambelt - Kit - 659FBE
All of the PSA TU series engines have a tensioner roller - this is the one with an off-centre mounting and a square hole to enable its position to be set. The diesel engines have a longer belt and an additional idler roller between the crank and fuel pump wheels.

German Swedish & French sell the INA idlers and tensioners which are fitted as OE by PSA. These are of excellent quality; steel rollers and sealed bearings. For preference, I would fit a Dayco belt which is available from them. If your engine has the vernier timing adjustment on the cam wheel, be careful to observe the correct setting procedure. This design overcomes all of the potential errors inherent in a toothed drive in that the timing can be set precisely and the belt tension set with no locked-in torque. Water pumps are far less good than the timing drive rollers - replace if there is any doubt, they are quite cheap and a failure here will wreck the engine.

Use the OE standard parts and be very careful to get everything absolutely right. If you do this, timing drive failure is almost unheard of on this engine.

For petrols too. Gates number is K015127XS OR K015547XS depending on
engine number.

Got my belt from Halfords, which was a Gates 5127xs for the engine No. 38....., this turns out to be the wrong belt being larger than the one taken off. Since today finding out that the correct belt is 5547xs placing old and new together from an another Factor at £30, where for the Halfords one costs £19.00.

Halfords cannot get the correct belt till Tuesday.

Has anyone got a reference book to confirm the change point from one belt to the other with the engine No.s and which should be the correct belt for engine No. 38......

thanks
Today I've renewed the Cambelt.

As I mentioned earlier this a 2001 plated 1124cc 206. I've a Haynes manual (upto and including 2001) for this model, which is totally different in info in renewing the belt. It says to use a square rod from a house door handle and other info I had from this site to tension the cam belt with weights etc.. The tensioner on the car has to use T30 torx bit, the tensioner has a pointer/scale and easily turned without applying any undue tension to the belt. The new belt is of the same manufacture (Gates) as the belt removed which is the original belt.

So I've set the new belt tensioned as the old position on the tensioner. Anyone know how should this scale/pointer be set correctly, as the statement in the manual about turning the 90degs etc, can't apply with this setup.
If your engine number starts with 38, then it should be 5547XS, according to the gates catalogue. Incidentally, our RRP for 5547xs is £36+VAT, whereas 5127xs is £20.11+vat.
I can't understand why the 5547xs should be more expensive than the 5127xs, where the latter is a slightly longer belt.

Incidently I paid £23.00 inc vat for the 5547xs.

Any answers on my previous thread above.

Thanks
Like I said, they are only recommended retail prices. As to why one is dearer than the other, who knows? The motor trade is full of price issues like this.