Should I buy an Uno Diesel? - stunorthants
Im thinking of buying a 1994 Fiat Uno diesel with 130,000 miles. Its cheap and straight but are they any good?
Should I buy an Uno Diesel? - bell boy
they were alright in their day ,are you doing the staples to naples in it then?
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Should I buy an Uno Diesel? - local yokel
Had an Uno petrol for a bit, good little cars. Check the heater controls and function, and that the matrix does not leak. It'll be a bit squeaky/rattly, but they go pretty well. Regularly did 250 miles in a day, with no probs.

www.fiatforum.com has a lot of useful info and some knowledgeable members
Should I buy an Uno Diesel? - blue_haddock
I briefly had an uno diesel many years back, wasn't exactly refined but it did the job.
Not so worried about refinement - I owned a Reliant Rialto for 6 months and that was deafening!
Just want something that is mechanically durable and stupidly economical. I always thought they were fragile, but they seem to get fairly good press from owners and motoring reviews alike.
Should I buy an Uno Diesel? - local yokel
The lower front arms went on mine soon after I got it, about £150 all in, and the diesel lump being heavier might mean that they go sooner. See if they've been done. I think the ones on mine had done about 75k. I bought mine for £150 with three months tax/MoT, sold it for £320 with 2 months tax, 9 MoT. It was a 999 FIRE, and gave me about 44mpg.

Could get 4 bales of hay in it with the rear seat down .....
I guess its also possible that they uprated the suspension if the diesel is that much heavier - its a 1.7 so somewhat bigger than other Uno units used.
This one has MOT till the end of the year nearly so not too much to worry about until then. Im hoping the diesel will do 55+ mpg as im a gentle driver and wont be using it round town etc.
Im thinking ill give him £250 for it as he wants £300 but i reckon its got too many miles to pay the full whack. Im picky!
I was getting 50mpg easily and that was me driving not so sympathetically so if your gentle 55 will be no problems.
Should I buy an Uno Diesel? - Another John H
There is no information at all on the diesel engined UNO in "Haynes 0923" - ISBN 1859600891.

Make sure the engine and fuel system is OK, or you'll be stuck with FIAT dealers (and there are more bad than good out there).
Should I buy an Uno Diesel? - bell boy
the engine was the same as the regato and fiorino i believe,as such the water pump was also the engine mount and cost a fortune,could you still be able to buy one if one needed?
When i had mine i definately had a haynes manual for it although i can't remember if it covered the engine or not. The 1.7 was also used in the punto so that manual should cover it anyway.
Should I buy an Uno Diesel? - piggy
Believe it or not,the Fiat Uno is still being built new in South America,and Fiat have recently given it a facelift.
Also built in parts of eastern Europe.
I ran a petrol one for many years with no significant problems.
It`s life was ended suddenly when a joyrider decided to re-shape the front end with a telephone post.