vw bora central locking problems - borasport
i have a 51 plate 1.8t sport bora and im having trouble with the central locking the keyfob will not open all doors with 2 presses of the fob and will only lock doors with one press and 2 presses of locking should disengage the alarm according to manual the locks open and close with the key and with the button inside the door also the light on the drivers door does not light when open and the headlights on buzzer does not sound does anyone have any ideas oh and the fuse is ok any help would be appreciated

cheers rich
vw bora central locking problems - George Porge
Thats as clear as mud mate. Read it 4 times and still don't understand it. Can you try again with punctuation to help us understand what you're saying?

X plate Golf, one press opens drivers door, two presses opens all doors. One press locks all doors and flashes headlights

To disable the ultra sonic sensors on the alarm (ie on leaving a window open for a dog etc) you press a button at the bottom of the B pillar on the drivers side before locking with the remote, no headlight flashes.

Good luck
ok sorry for been unclear here goes

i have a 51 plate 1.8t sport bora and im having trouble with the central locking

the keyfob will not unlock all doors with 2 presses of the fob it will only open the drivers door

when the doors are locked/unlocked by the drivers door switch they operate normally by using this switch

when all doors are locked the keyfob will lock them all normally

ive been reading a few posts to try and find out what i can do about this but want to know if anyone has any ideas whats wrong

p.s when the drivers door is open with the headlights on the buzzer does not sound and the door light does not work just wondered if this had anything to do with the problem

hope that makes things clearer

cheers rich
The dealer is able to program the settings for the locking, maybe in this case the settings need to be redone by either a maindealer or independant with vagcom software. I presume it has always been like this?
ok will probably end up ringing the dealer to see what they say

and no the problem with the central locking has just started

the problem with headlight buzzer when door open and drivers door light has been like that since i got the car

many thanks for the info dox
Check the other key works in the same manner, could be that the battery in your regular use key is a little flat and can't make the second command. Good luck with it
p.s when the drivers door is open with the headlights on the buzzer does not sound and the door light does not work just wondered if this had anything to do with the problem

VWs are notorious for the wiring breaking on the loom that plugs into the door edge, usually its the window that doesnt work. Open the door and pull back the rubber concertina tube and check to see if any of the wires have broken off.
i now have the locking working fine this was because the car was stood for months and the procedure is to disconnect the battery to reset everything and it worked fine

the buzzer and light problem still exists and must be either a broken wire like you said dox or im thinking a faulty door switch,ive pulled the rubber back but i cant see anything

oh well ill look at the switch tomorrow

cheers
vw bora central locking problems - Rudedog
I had a similar problem with my lights-on buzzer on my MK4 Golf.
The door LOCK contains electrical contacts/switchs that control the light at the bottom of the door, it's this light going on and off that activates the buzzer, therefore if the light doesn't go on and off with the door latch then the buzzer won't work. I fixed it for a while by fiddling with the lock but in the end a new locking mechanism was the only permenant fix.
www.ukmkivs.net

Good site for Golf and Bora with links for a fix for this somewhere.
vw bora central locking problems - mark25
It's probably the switches inside the door lock mechanism, using the key might tell you which one has the fault, here's a direct link to a guide on the fault, and how to repair it:

www.taligentx.com/passat/maintenance/doorlockmecha.../

NOTE: "Time Required: 1.5-3 hours, depending on individual pace." Bank on 5 hrs for a Bora, unless you're quite handy/well practiced with that sort of thing...