Easter queues - artful dodger {P}
With the mad rush for an Easter getaway, lets speculate where the biggest jam will be and on which day.

I suggest the M5 on Good Friday.

Where do you think?

--
Roger
I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to say.
Easter queues - Stuartli
The M6 around Birmingham...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Easter queues - David Horn
M6 southbound, but north of Birmingham.
Easter queues - adverse camber
Why do all these people choose to spend easter in Brum ?
Easter queues - Martin Devon
Why Brum ever?
Easter queues - Rebecca {P}
IKEA
Easter queues - Citroënian {P}
Surprisingly clear around churches...

But I'm going for M6 too
Lee -- Without bills, magazines and junk mail, there is no mail
Easter queues - Dynamic Dave
Where do you think?

A34, where the resurfacing work is going on between the Peartree Interchange and Weston-on-the-Green - just like it's been for several months.
Easter queues - local yokel
Easter Mon has potnetial for some traffic nightmares, as many schools go back on Tuesday.
Easter queues - Stuartli
>>as many schools go back on Tuesday.>>

That's crazy. Whoever thought that one up should be hung, drawn and quartered.

Even more silly in view of the length of the break before the Easter period.
Easter queues - turbo11
The roadworks on the A34 were finished last night.No 40mph limit,no cones,no speed cameras.Yippeeeee
Easter queues - Statistical outlier
Really?? Result!
Easter queues - turbo11
yes its true.A34 roadworks gone.They were supposed to of finished the work in feb., but "due to the exceptionally cold weather"(normal winter i would call it)the asphalt wouldn't set properly,so they got a dispensation to have it finished by easter.
yes its true.A34 roadworks gone.

Only for Easter turbo11. see the link I posted further down this thread.
Easter queues - SpamCan61 {P}
My own local 'favourite' is M3 J13, where some flippin pfd shed-jerker* always tips their caravan over at the point where the M27 splits from the M3.

* I've got nothing against caravanners in general, honest!, I used to car share with two caravan club members, but it does annoy me a tad when caravans get tipped up at critical motorway junctions.
The roadworks on the A34 were finished last night.

You're right. But it's only shortlived. Apparantly after Easter there may be off peak lane closures again.

www.highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/3724.aspx
Easter queues - Ian (Cape Town)
Surprisingly clear around churches...

From local radio news: Heavy traffic is expected on main roads from early this afternoon as holidaymakers leave for the Easter long weekend.
The N1 from Johannesburg to Limpopo province will be extremely busy, as tens of thousands of worshippers head for the Zion Christian Church's Easter gathering at Moria east of Polokwane. Putco will be providing almost 900 buses for ZCC pilgrims, 532 of them from Gauteng.

Last year there were tailbacks of 30-40km as the pilgrims queued up to get into the site.

Easter queues - local yokel
>Putco will be providing almost 900 buses for ZCC pilgrims, 532 of them from Gauteng.

Bet some of them get lost and will be trying to negotiate the A34 on Monday evening.
Easter queues - helicopter
I'll put my money on the M25 south west quadrant , particularly around Heathrow this evening , both directions blocked solid as the rush hour traffic and the getaway for Easter holiday traffic meet...... and particularly if there are a couple of minor accidents to stir the pot.

I think I will just stay at home and munch some choccy.
Easter queues - nortones2
M6 blocked currently between J 28 and J33 northbound: "Lorry fire northbound between J32, Broughton Interchange and J33, Galgate, severe delays." Traffic spilling off at 31A to avoid the blockage. blocking east Preston roads.
Easter queues - bikemade3
I'll put my money on the M25 south west quadrant ,
particularly around Heathrow this evening , both directions blocked solid as
the rush hour traffic and the getaway for Easter holiday traffic
meet...... and particularly if there are a couple of minor
accidents to stir the pot.

I thought that was Friday of last week trying to get from LHR to Taunton, all 6 lanes of M25 nose to tail untill M3 juction.
Easter queues - helicopter
Thats just a normal rush hour evening bikemade3 - As I say it gets worse at bank holidays and if its raining as well.The trouble is that nowadays locals who use it every day are so used to the delays we do not even think it worth mentioning.

I once took four hours from Reigate to Warwick on a wet Friday evening - a journey that on a good day takes me 1 hr 45 minutes took 4 hours.

I used to travel from Reigate to Hounslow every day on M25 and the slow record for 26 miles was 3 hours.....

Longest M25 tailback I saw was 14 miles, as I was on my motorbike I managed to get off the motorway and get around it but it really is a lottery when you go on to that part of the M25.
Easter queues - SjB {P}
The longest queue I'll see will be for the bathroom in the morning! :-)
Easter queues - henry k
I thought that was Friday of last week trying to get from LHR to Taunton, all 6 lanes of M25 nose to tail untill M3 juction.

>>
LHR T4 to the M3.
When in doubt or for a simple route.
Take the A30 west to the first roundabout.
Take second exit. Keep going over a couple of lights.
Left a mini roundabout. You will soon see the A316 on stilts.
Right at mini roundabout then you are at the access slip to to the A316. You fly over J1 and are on your way.
Enjoy a quiet bit of the M3 and the zoom past the M25 joiners.

I have supplied this route to many of our contactors who have been surprised at the stress free route.
Easter queues - Quinny100
I suspect the winner was the M6 from Junction 33 down about 5pm this afternoon. A lorry fire closed 2 lanes for hours and they were resurfacing them as a result.

Fortunately I was going South which was pretty quiet but the traffic was standing back to Junction 27 where I got off which is about 40 miles. I did notice a lot of caravans amongst them.
Easter queues - Stuartli
I suspect the winner was the M6 from Junction 33 down about 5pm this afternoon>>

But that's not just sheer volume of traffic - it's caused by an accident/incident.

Mind you it happened, fortunately, after my younger offspring had got to work near Preston. He comes off at junction 31 after joining at Junction 29..:-)