Peugeot 406 Water/Coolant Leak - Glawsta
Hi, I have recently discovered a problem with my 406: the in-car heater wasn't working so I checked the coolant levels and found it is loosing coolant. Its only losing it slowly, so I ran the engine to see if I could see any leaks.

Basically, the leak is coming from the top of the engine somewhere. On the top of the engine behind the oil filler cap there is a plastic cover which houses the spark plugs (I'm no mechanic so please bear with me!) so I removed the plastic cover and there are the 4 spark plugs and the water is leaking from somewhere round this area. The water is sitting around the spark plugs and then draining away via the right hand side. I dried it all off and replaced the cover then ran the engine again. I then removed it again, and there was more water there, but no real indication of where it come from.

Is this a head gasket problem maybe? I've had head gaskets go in the past and the oil usually has a white tinge to it, but its jet black in this instance. I also had the car serviced in December. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!