good help wanted about a BX. (maybe DW can help) - ladas are slow
my mother is selling her citroen bx, and i was wondering how much she should charge, its a 1987 E, 16TRS, metallic silver, 111,000 miles, some history, automatic, long tax and test, and has had in the past 6 months - rear spheres, new battery, alternator, HT leads, plugs, full service, ignition coil, starter motor, ignition lock, and in the past year has had tons more done (including the timing belt), the interior is in mint condition, very slight rust on one of the rear doors, but no other rust, she was thinking about £325, but put it up for £450.

what do you think, will she get £450 ??

(its also unleaded)

(personally i think about £250, as nobody wants these cars)
Re: good help wanted about a BX. (maybe DW can hel - Dave
I'm afraid it sounds like scrap to me.

Can't she keep it 'till it dies?
Re: good help wanted about a BX. (maybe DW can hel - Dan J
Did you mean to have that "s" in there Dave? :)

Dan
Re: good help wanted about a BX. (maybe DW can hel - David W
Ladas,

You couldn't get worse than a pre 1990 petrol auto I'm afraid. It isn't so much the price as finding a buyer at all. Having said that you have to start somewhere and £350ish for one with some history and current MOT/VED might get a sniff. It's hard but you might have to go as low as £100 - £150 in the end to sell.

Having said all that someone was asking me last week for a BX 1600 engine after his had suffered an unlucky failure, amazingly he was willing to think about £600+ for an exchange engine. I told him it would be far cheaper to buy a whole 1600 car where he could test the engine while still running.

Try the free adverts on the BX Q&A website at....

members4.boardhost.com/automart/

Price it at a sensible level or be prepared for some ribbing!

Good luck,

David
Re: good help wanted about a BX. (maybe DW can hel - Andy Bairsto
you will have to pay to have it taken away ,book price is ZERO
thanks DW, your help is much appreciated. - ladas are slow
hopefully we will be able to get rid of the car, we have spent alot on it, but my mother needs a smaller runabout (something like a toyota corolla auto)
Re: good help wanted about a BX. (maybe DW can hel - Andy Bairsto
You forgot to mention the dodgy brake lights and gearbox and that it is stuck in a pub carpark as some cutout has failed,but I suppose it comes with a 12 months MOT as you will have issued this youselve in your guise as a MOT test engineer.Dream on
Re: good help wanted about a BX. (maybe DW can hel - Ladas is a pest
Go with her to the dump and she should come back alone.