recall or service bulletin - jjcm
I recently suffered cam chain failure on a three year and 8 day old Nissan Navara. I made a few inquiries and was aware that there was an isue with the cam chain, I appealed to Nissan customer car and was left with a £1400 bill. I know find out that Nisan new they had a cam chain guide mounting problem, the mounting bolt holes are failing and this leads to either catastrophic failure or the chain guide prematurly wearing out. Nissan have issued a service bulletin re this failure but this information is not made public!!!. It seems recalls are now only issued for safety critical problems not premature failure.iI know there is an AA dite where safety recals are posted ss there a similar web site where service bulletins are posted. It makes a mockery of the block exemption re servicing and warrenties if the manufacturers keep information like this "secret".
recall or service bulletin - massey
Not sure but try here;

www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

recall or service bulletin - Bill Payer
I recently suffered cam chain failure on a three year and
8 day old Nissan Navara. I made a few inquiries and
was aware that there was an isue with the cam chain,
I appealed to Nissan customer car and was left with a
£1400 bill.

Remember that the 3 yr warranty is 'in addition to your statutory rights'. Speak to Trading Standards.
I presume that you are asserting that you didn't know about the service bulletin because the car was independantly serviced - that would make an interesting test case which I'm sure anti-competition people in both UK Government and the EU would be interested in.
recall or service bulletin - martint123
They can't realisticaly mail every owner each time a service bulletin comes out. They don't know who they are.
The well known Autodata series of manuals and CD's says the following:-

"Known fixes and bulletins (CD2 only)

This is a completely new section that gives manufacturers' bulletins for specific known faults. Already over 2,000 models have these bulletins and more will be added in future updates."

I would have thought a decent garage/independant would have these books or equivalents. I do my own bike and car servicing and have never had a problem asking the local dealers if they've had any service bulletins of any interest.

Martin
recall or service bulletin - jjcm
I dont realistically expect the manufacturer to contact me, but a web site to look up known issues would be easily set up, except of course it would highlight those manufacturers who have major service issues. Just as an aside would you buy one of the latest Navara's if you were aware they had cooling leaks, heater probs, power steering probs and rear axle bearing failures?. All these items are known service bulletin dealer notified problems, the dealer of course won't inform you of these when you are about to order your new car. My new resolve, ask to see the service bulletin/ warranty file before ordering my new car.
recall or service bulletin - Bill Payer
I don't know the correct industry terminology, but I think every car has a pretty huge list of known problems (and fixes) which are circulated around the dealers.