Audi A6 1.9TDI(115) MAF sensor - LynxPilot
Sorry guys new user here and I know that the subject of MAF sensors has been covered. My problem is that I want to change mine, I have the new bosch sensor. This is going to sound really stupid but I am stumped by the screws!! It is only 2 screws and they have strange (to me anyway) heads on them. They seem star shaped, now I wouldn't have a problem getting them out but some bright spark has put a small metal column in the centre of the screw head which stops me getting a grip on it. I am obviously no engineering genius but does this require a special tool to deal with?, is it a conspiracy to make me pay extortionate labour charges? ie: is it an audi specific tool?
Hopefully I have described the problem and someone can point me to the right shelf in halfords. many thanks and sorry for being a complete numpty.
AUDI A6 1.9TDI(115) MAF sensor - LynxPilot
It's ok, sorted. They are torx security screws and someone is kindly loaning me the right driver. Cheers
AUDI A6 1.9TDI(115) MAF sensor - sack o'spanners
Bosch don't like people taking the sensor from its housing and recommend changing the complete unit. Years ago, Saab developed a service routine for cleeaning Bosch sensors with white spirit and within a year Bosch had changed the design of the (supposedly) anti-tamper screws.
The special tool for doing this was readily available from several tool catalogues. just work out what size normal tool is needed and try to find a hollow one. Sorry, can't remember where we got them from at the time.
AUDI A6 1.9TDI(115) MAF sensor - sack o'spanners
too slow!
AUDI A6 1.9TDI(115) MAF sensor - LynxPilot
Cheers anyway Sack'o!