Will a dealer accept 2 part ex cars? - andy30
how do,

bit of a situation, we have 2 cars both of which will struggle sell private, jazz has bumper damage and my mondeo has the subframe bushes knocking so best to part ex as dealer won't pick up on the subframe bushes at least.

obviously as per title we want to just have one car, i have a standard loan for my mondeo and she has car finance on her jazz.
we want to basically get 1 car for the value of both of these cars on part ex (10k ish) (mine worth £4500 ish hers £5000 ish)

how the hell do we do this i assume dealers will do anything for a sale?

will they just give us money back to settle the 2 loans?
Will a dealer accept 2 part ex cars? - Peter S
If there's profit it in, I'd guess that the dealer would take any number of cars in trade in. What would normally happen is that the dealer would make an offer for your car(s), get the settlement figure for the loan from the finance agreement, settle the finance direct and use the surplus (if any...) toward the new car. However, dealers usually offer fairly low trade in values, though the figure to focus on is the 'cost to change', ie how much extra are you paying. If the cars are not in great condition, be prepared for low offers, and by having 2 trade-ins you'll be hit twice. All just IMHO...
Will a dealer accept 2 part ex cars? - Falkirk Bairn
2 cars to tarde in for 1

Why make life more difficult for yourself?

Get the Jazz bumper fixed as a fixed Jazz will get a lot more than an accident damaged one.

Jazz's are selling well via the dealer so a Jazz that is repaired and valeted should sell easily to either a dealer or a private sale.

This way trading in a car for another car will be a "normal transaction"
Will a dealer accept 2 part ex cars? - boxsterboy
What are you going to replace your 2 cars with? Another Jazz or Modeo sized car? Why not just trade one and keep the other?

Depreciation only hits when you sell, so why not just sell one.

Any dealer worth is salt will truly shaft you if you try and trade 2 financed cars - smacks of desperation.

If you must get rid of both at least get the bumper on the Jazz fixed first.
Will a dealer accept 2 part ex cars? - cheddar
You could do the Mondeo bushes yourself for just over 100 quid including a 4 wheel alignment check.
Will a dealer accept 2 part ex cars? - henry k
My Mondeo has the subframe bushes knocking .....as dealer won't pick up on the subframe bushes...

I assume it is the current shape Mondeo and IIRC the bushes are not difficult /expensive to change.
Will a dealer accept 2 part ex cars? - apm
Yes they will. I did this: 1 x SEAT Ibiza Cupra (mine), and 1 x MX5 (a friend signed over to me in lieu of money owed). Taken in PX against a new SEAT Leon Cupra.

HTH,

Alex.
--
Dr Alex Mears
MG BGT 1971
If you are in a hole stop digging...unless
you are a miner.
both cars have to go, my mondeo is getting a stiff clutch again and no warranty and her jazz is pink (i'm not driving that to work).

i reckon the jazz will sell for good money to a bird if we sell private but ebay cars go cheap and autotrader is irritating when company's phone you up
Will a dealer accept 2 part ex cars? - SpamCan61 {P}
>>I reckon the jazz will sell for good money to a bird if we sell private

Unlikely to go for 'good money' with bumper damage methinks...

Financially it must make more sense to get the cars fixed than chop them in :-/

Will a dealer accept 2 part ex cars? - Aprilia
Get the Jazz bumper fixed and sell privately in Autotrader. It will sell easily. The cost to fix will likely be less that what you would lose in p/exing to a dealer. Get it fixed at a local bodyshop (not Honda dealer). If it is light dmamge then a 'SMART' repair might be in order.

Mondeo is a different story. Might be best to p/x that if you want to move it on quickly.
arilla that is what i'm thinking.

as we are going down to one car for a reason

and we don't want that one car to be either off the 2 we have
(jazz only cos it pink, otherwise spot on car)
Will a dealer accept 2 part ex cars? - boxsterboy
A pink Jazz ....

That's what happens when we obey SWMBO !!
Will a dealer accept 2 part ex cars? - Martin Devon
A pink Jazz ....
That's what happens when we obey SWMBO !!

Obey and SWMBO in same sentence.............This does not compute..this does not compute............Exterminate
gone a bit off topic, but i'm not talking about 2 part ex's for cars i own, i mean 2 part ex's with car finance outstanding on 1 and loan on the other

who will this be sorted out?