Subaru Diesel Plans - Dude - {P}
Good news for followers of the Subaru marque, as they are planning to introduce their own diesel engines from the late 2007/early 2008.

www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/200603...3
Subaru Diesel Plans - Harmattan
This has been much awaited and much doubted since GM were rumoured not to favour the idea of an alternative diesel to theirs when they had the Subaru interest. Rumour in Australia has also suggested the Subaru diesel is likely not to be as economical as most and expensive to build. Hopefully, we shall find out in the not too distant future as the idea of a diesel Legacy Outback appeals greatly.
Subaru Diesel Plans - Dude - {P}
Thankfully G.M. no longer have a vested interest in Subaru and they have the independence to do their own thing.

The thought of a highly tuned oil burning Legacy Estate has a very strong pull on my wallet and I await its introduction with great interest.!!!!¬
Subaru Diesel Plans - AlanGowdy
Japanese manufacturers took a long time to see the sense in diesel, but now that they have are doing a good job. Honda resisted with determination before accepting the inevitable and producing one of the best oil-burners on the market.
Subaru Diesel Plans - Altea Ego
So best = most thirsty?
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Subaru Diesel Plans - AlanGowdy
I was referring to the widely reported refinement of Honda's diesels. However, looking at the consumption figures, it does not seem that they are unacceptably thirsty given the good performance that they achieve.
Subaru Diesel Plans - Roly93
Thankfully G.M. no longer have a vested interest in Subaru and
they have the independence to do their own thing.

Yes, look what happened to SaaB !
Subaru Diesel Plans - cheddar
It has to be said that most of the (previously) smaller manufactuers have thrived under the ownership of one of the big guns. Namely Volvo, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Land Rover, Saab, Ferrari, Mazda, Skoda, Seat, Mini, Bentley, Maserati, the exception perhaps being Porsche.
Subaru Diesel Plans - Garethj
It has to be said that most of the (previously) smaller
manufactuers have thrived under the ownership of one of the big guns. Namely Volvo, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Land Rover, Saab, Ferrari, Mazda, Skoda, Seat, Mini, Bentley, Maserati, the exception perhaps being Porsche.

Porsche has never been under the ownership of anyone else has it!?

Speaking to friends who work at Jaguar, not all is rosy under Ford's direction, I know Aston have had to shed a few jobs (but they've been just about bankrupt under every owner since the 1940s), Land Rover have suffered under BMW, the 1997 Range Rover facelift never happened and several engine developments were stopped too.

Mini is just a model of BMW so not really a different manufacturer.