Temperature sensor Cavalier - Dave Yates
Does anyone know how easy it is to obtain/fit a new temperature sensor for a '95 2.0L Cavalier? Where's it located? The dashboard temp reads around 80 degrees C or dashed lines - neither are convincing.....
Re: Temperature sensor Cavalier - Andrew Scott
I Believe the sensor is located at the front of the car possibly under the wheelarch. I understand failure of this sensor is very commen. Vauhall dealers will hold them as a standard stock item.

Andrew
Re: Temperature sensor Cavalier - Ian Aspinall
Dave - Do you mean the sensor for the engine temp or external air temp? If the former, I think Andrew is right; if the latter, it's on the front of the engine block, and is dead easy and cheap to replace. Let me know if that's what you mean and I'll describe it a bit better for you.
Re: Temperature sensor Cavalier - Dave Yates
Ian

Many thanks - to Andrew too - it's the external temperature that's gone, not engine temperature so I assume the sensor's in the wheel arch - have I got that right?
Dave
Re: Temperature sensor Cavalier - John Slaughter
If it's like the Vectra or Corsa, it's somewhere on the air inlet to the radiator in the front valence. Are you sure it's the sensor and not the readout that's failed?

Regards

John
John

Thanks for that - no not certain but dash readout is either dashed lines or impossibly high temperatures like 75-80 degrees C. I'd assumed that since figures were still appearing it was most likely the sensor that had gone. This happened temporarily last Spring but spontaneously resolved. This time there's no sign of resolution.

Is it easy to get at the sensor in the front valance & replace? simple plug-in?
Regards
Dave
Re: Temperature sensor Cavalier - steve paterson
I'm sure you'll find the external sensor clipped to the underside of the front bumper, on the O/S. They fail regularly.
Steve

Found it! - also relatively easy to disconnect Thanks to everyone who replied to this
Regards
Dave