Vectra overreving and kangarooing! - mickyh7
Help please.Vectra 2.0 16v 1997 ecotech.Bought as non runner,needed head gasket.Now repaired.Drives fine exept on low revs i.e. 30mph 4th gear!Jerking like mad on the overun,missing(?)when I pull away.Plugs very sooty.Cleaned throttle chamber and all vacuum hoses,renewed Idle Control Valve,Air filter,h.t.leads and plugs.Renewed O2 sensor,changed coil pack for a known good one and renewed Temp sensor (to ECU)This fault is present hot or cold.No mil light comming on,so no faults stored (only have access to paperclip test)I cant find any Intake or exaust manifold leaks.Funny enough,I first put a second hand O2 sensor on and it ran fine for about 2 miles then back to normal(mil light did come on-Lambda Sensor Malfuntion).I thought it must have been on its last legs so I bought a brand new one-still missing etc but no light comming up.Anyone had this problem or knows of a fix please-I'v been on the Vauxaull Forums, seen similar faults but no fixes-Its doing my head in now! Thanks in antisipation-Mick.
Sorry forgot to mention,on a long run I get 40 mpg but it does sound like an overfueling problem on low revs.
And I also forgot to mention when I change gear i.e. dip the clutch the revs always rise by themselvs for a second or two before going back to normal?
Up To The Top-Sorry! Can't anyone help?
Vectra overreving and kangarooing! - SpamCan61 {P}
And I also forgot to mention when I change gear i.e.
dip the clutch the revs always rise by themselvs for a
second or two before going back to normal?

SWMBO's Zafira 1.8 does that sometimes, I put it down to sticky idle air valve, but as that's already on the long list of stuff you've tried I don't have any new suggestions.