Mondeo TDCi ABS Light - 51 Reg - Nige 101
Can anyone help please? Changed the front offside wheel bearing last week and had to disconnect the ABS wheel sensor.Straight after the job was done the ABS light went off a few seconds after switching on the engine as it should. Further down the road the light came on and stayed on and now wont go off. Have fitted a new sensor as they are relatively cheap but this makes no difference. Any suggestions gratefully received....
Mondeo TDCi ABS Light - 51 Reg - cdl123
it might just need the fault code clearing with a code reader
Mondeo TDCi ABS Light - 51 Reg - cheddar
No guarantees though if it is an old fault code and the fault has been rectified you could try disconnecting the battery for more than 30 mins, bear in mind that it may drive a bit differently afterwards while the ECU "relearns", some say they are better for doing this every now and then, however I have only ever disconnected the battery once on mine and noticed very little difference.
Mondeo TDCi ABS Light - 51 Reg - elekie&a/c doctor
I think one side of the wheel bearing has a magnetic face to generate signal to the abs sensor.is it possible the bearing has been fitted back to front?
That is very possible!! Will look into this and report back.
Problem solved!Spot on - new bearing fitted the right way round - thanks everyone.