removing swirl marks - alapppy
HI

My dealer carried out some warranty work on my almost new car.. They gave the car back to me 'valeted'. I now notice swirl marks on the bonnet. What is the best polish to remove these given that the paint work is less than 6 months old

thanks
alan
removing swirl marks - Peter D
Take it back they damaged it. Regards Peter
removing swirl marks - bell boy
i agree take it back, why are they using electric/air devices on a nearly new car bonnet?have they put some paint on it due to some accident in the workshop?
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
removing swirl marks - Hamsafar
One Grand Omega Glaze.
3M Hand glaze.
These are specifically to remove swirl marks.
I think they may be the same thing, the former being in smaller and cheaper bottles for the consumer, the latter for the trade.
Good luck.
removing swirl marks - Hamsafar
3M? Imperial? Hand Glaze

3M? Imperial? Hand Glaze is a non-silicone, non-wax hand glaze. It is used by hand to refine and fill swirl marks after machine glazing. This product has been formulated to work on all colors and can be painted over.
removing swirl marks - Roberson
If you don't want to take it back, try using Bilt-Hambers Autobalm. If they are the 'holographic' kind of swirls that you can only see but not feel, then this is the stuff. Serves more than just one purpose too: it will remove swirl marks and give an unbeatable protective layer to your paintwork (during tests by Practical Classics, it was the only wax on the market to prevent against rust and also gave the best shine)

I was about to say that its only available through mail order, but they have updated their webpage, take a look :www.bilthamber.co.uk/autobalm.html

But, at the end of the day, if the car is not in the condition that you left it in, they should fix it. The hard bit is proving they did the damage.
removing swirl marks - AR-CoolC
Alan

Pop over and see us on www.detailingworld.co.uk

More info there than you'll ever be able to shake the biggest stick at.

Realisticly the only way to remove swirls or holograms is a machine polish - but one carried out by someone who knows what there doing, not the valet bay oppo.
removing swirl marks - steveo3002
was just going to suggest detail world!!

hand glaze will was off after a couple of weeks....if you want over the counter products , try meguairs scratch x followed by some nxt wax

work the scratch x in on small areas at a time and repeat till swirl free..then apply 2 thin coats of nxt wax