Thanks to DVD re parking ticket - HF
Hi,

After waiting three months, I have today received a letter from Bromley Council, regarding the parking ticket which was registered against my car on November 24th last year.

(www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=37528 )

At the time, I fully took DVD's advice, and am delighted to say that the council has now cancelled my PCN. In their words, which I am sure are not true but still delightful none-the-less,

'Blur blur blur, On receipt of your letter the case was referred to a parking inspector in order that the location could be visited and the restrictions checked. As a result of this inspection, it has been established that the PCN was issued incorrectly. The contractors responsible for parking enforcement have been duly advised and have now cancelled the charge. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have been caused.'

So, I just want to say a huge thank you to DVD, and others who advised on the issue. I think the advice I got from DVD must have been spot on, because I have read many similar cases in the local papers lately where people who contest a fine get nowhere.

Thanks again.

HF
Thanks to DVD re parking ticket - Phil I
There are some you win HF. Its certainly your turn.

B. Rgds Phil I
Thanks to DVD re parking ticket - rtj70
I once got a parking ticket in a council multi-storey car park. Knew I'd put in £2 (machine took it) but never checked ticket which said £1. Needless to say I got a ticket.

I complained to Wakefield council and they said if I was right in saying machine had taken £2 but printed a £1 ticket then there'd be the wrong amount in the machine. Well the machine did have too much money vs. tickets but not exactly £2. By since the figures didn't add up they cancelled the ticket.

So don't always give in too easily.

Having said that I once got a ticket in Cambridge for parking for 5 minutes outside friend's house. Moved the car to nearest car park as temp measure but spotted the same traffic warden that booked me on the way back to the house. Stopped to ask him advice on where to park over the long weekend etc. He was so surprised I didn't have a good he wanted to shake my hand! And said because it was a bank holiday I could park outside the house for the rest of the weekend until Tuesday morning, thus saving me money anyway.

Rob
Thanks to DVD re parking ticket - Dwight Van Driver
Delighted to hear that HF.

dvd