Volvo V70 D5 - ajp
I am thinking of buying a Volvo V70 D5 (the new diesel engined version) are they any good? Has anyone out there bought one?
Re: Volvo V70 D5 - ian (cape town)
Read HJ's Car by Car thingie - hopefully the problems have been ironed out by now
Re: Volvo V70 D5 - paul
Note that HJ recommends watching out for 'bargain high milers in white (ex-police' soon. I learn that Cambridge have started sheathing theirs in a silver plasticcy coating, thereby eliminating the tell tale residue of the relectors applied in their former life and increasing resale value. They therefore are ordered in any colour.....you have been warned!
Re: Volvo V70 D5 - Honest John
AJP asked about the V70 D5. This is the last of the D5s to come through in RHD. S60 and S80 D5s came first. Have driven S60 and S80 D5s. Much preferred the S80, so will borrow one for a bit longer. At toime of writing, still no V70 D5s of the UK Volvo press fleet.

HJ
Re: Volvo V70 D5 - ajp
Thanks HJ, but one of the problems is I can't get a test drive, my local dealers have no demos they can only offer a test drive in a D5 S60. So do you think its worth taking the risk and ordering one anyway, and apparently Volvo are quoting a July 2002 delivery date for V70 D5's.