Focus Issues - y2k+4
The Focus (51-1.6) is having issues once again:

a) Clutch-related noise? On depressing the cluth, changing gear, and bringing the clutch up, as it releases there's a long whinge/whine sound.

b) Gearbox is getting difficult to put into first and fifth, and reverse (though this has always been an issue) - it's started not engaging first in traffic sometimes and popping out.

c) Engine seems louder/harsher/harder than normal at motorway speeds - like it's working harder to get the same revs...(3,000 is really noisy).

d) Really smoky start-up.

e) On hard-left turns, something around the driver's side front wheel makes a loud thud (kind of as the body leans a little toward that side).

f) First thing in the morning, as I drive away, about 10 secs after switching the engine on and as we reverse up the drive there's a single loud bang, which jerks the car and steering.

I've changed the oil (to the correct spec), but I fear I'm needing a new clutch (possibly new gearbox) and the louder engine coupled with bang and smoke is worrying, along with the loud thudding that's begun to sound. Any thoughts on what the car needs, apart from possibly a lot of money?
Focus Issues - Collos25
The clutch sounds to be on the way out as does a drive shaft/suspension ,could be a broken spring.As for the smoke I am sure someone will come along with an answer.
Focus Issues - mjm
The bang first thing and the engine seeming to work harder sound like brakes sticking on.
Focus Issues - Altea Ego
yup sounds like the handbrake is sticking on.,
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Focus Issues - Aprilia
They sound more like problems than 'issues' to me.

Do you work in IT? (lots of IT people seems to call faults/problems 'issues').