Zodiac - ian (cape town)
From today's paper:

Born a Gemini? Watch out on the roads and get insurance.

Better still, have a Capricorn drive your car.

A study released on Monday by Australian financial services group Suncorp Metway that ranked car accident claimants by star sign found the most accident-prone were Geminis, closely followed by Taureans and then Pisceans.

"Geminis, typically described as restless, easily bored and frustrated by things moving slowly, had more car accidents than any other sign," said Warren Duke, Suncorp's national manager of personal insurance.

Taureans were thought to be obstinate and inflexible, while Pisceans could be risk-takers and dare devils, he said.

Capricorns were the safest behind the wheel due to their patience and careful driving.

The light-hearted study was based on 160 000 car accident insurance claims received over the past three years.

Suncorp Metway said it had no intention to alter its premiums according to a person's star sign.

The company listed car accident claims by star sign as follows, with the most accident-prone at the top:

1. Gemini, May 21-June 21
2. Taurus, April 20-May 20
3. Pisces, February 19-March 20
4. Virgo, August 23-September 22
5. Cancer, June 22-July 22
6. Aquarius, January 20-February 18
7. Aries, March 21-April 19
8. Leo, July 23-August 22
9. Libra, September 23-October 22
10. Sagittarius, November 22-December 21
11. Scorpio, October 23-November 21
12. Capricorn, December 22-January 19
Re: Zodiac - Mark (Brazil)
This is not good.

1. Gemini, May 21-June 21

-My sister

2. Taurus, April 20-May 20

-My wife

3. Pisces, February 19-March 20

-My mother

4. Virgo, August 23-September 22

-my father

Now where do I hide those car keys.....................
Re: Zodiac - David W
Oh dear.

We are in one and two as well.

David
Re: Zodiac - Ian Cook
Oh, dear

2: Me, number 1 son, number 2 son.
3: SWMBO.

I'll just play the "lies, damn lies, and statistics" card

Ian
Re: Zodiac - markymarkn
Im a scorpio! whahey!

I can drive faster now and take more risks....

(only joking)

Mark.
Re: Zodiac - Lee H
Me too,

I'm open to drive any exotic cars safely for their zodiacologically challenged owners!

Lee.
Re: Zodiac - Ronnie Courtney
Mark (in Brazil) - Start looking for the car keys in the Moses basket - and be grateful that Miss CV is half way up or down the list - depending on whether you are a pessimist or an optimist.

Regards, and VMT for your rundown on the weekend, which sounded a lot better than what most of us either planned - or achieved ...

Ronnie

PS What's this we hear about World Series Baseball opening up in Geordieland?
Re: Zodiac - Andy Bairsto
But my dream car when I was a kid was a Zodiac pref red and black
Re: Zodiacs and Zephyrs - David Withers
I have never owned a (Ford) Zodiac but I ran a nice MkII lowline Zephyr in the 60s!

I set up the Borg-Warner mechanical overdrive to come in at 30mph so that it would operate on 1st gear as well as 2nd/3rd. The engine was fitted with goodies like a Servais six-branch exhaust and straight-through silencer and it hit valve-bounce at 31mph in first so I had just 1mph to play with between the overdrive engaging and bouncing the valves! I blew the gearbox a couple of times but the engine stayed in one piece.

Resprayed the car in the open air using a vacuum cleaner attached to a jam jar, the lid of which was fitted an aerosol-can-type spray nozzle. I was totally mad in those days! (No comments necessary.)
Re: Zodiacs and Zephyrs - Alwyn
David,

Well blow me down. Was the vacuum an Electrolux cylinder with green ends?

I did the same thing with the petrol tank from Ariel Red Hunter KH 500 twin. Problem was, the first coat was really good but I did not clean the gun properly for the second coat and ruined it. Ho hum.
Re: Zodiacs and Zephyrs - Ronnie Courtney
David - Mad? No. Incredibly inventive? Yes - and you'd better get it patented before James Dyson gets in on the act - hotly pursued by Hoover of course!

I had a Zodiac Mark II convertible in Singapore in the '60s - great fun, once I discovered the canvas patch puncture repair in the inside wall of one of the front tyres ....

Ronnie
Re: Zodiac - THe Growler
No hints for the Year of The Horse just about to begin?