Toledo TDi EGR woes - roscoman
Hi,
Hope someone can help me out on this:

I recently (last october)bought an 04 Seat Toledo tdi SE ( the 110bhp model, not the PD type). Very small milage of 5k, ex demo.

Anyhow, the car is inclined to stumble between 1500 to 2000 rpm, and you can actually hear the turbo whistle cut in and out under gentle acceleration within this rev range. This is more noticeable when the car is cold, or under a load, such as climbing a steepish gradient.

It was discovered that disconnecting the EGR Vacuum pipe and closing it off solves this stumbling. From this, it was thought that the EGR valve itself was sticking.

So far, the EGR valve, and the EGR solenoid valve, and the MAF have been replaced, with no improvement. The N75 wastegate was also swapped out with another one, but this made no change.

In Summary, the car will only drive properly with the EGR disconnected.

Any thoughts on what is causing the EGR to stay open too long?
I'm starting to get sick of this problem at this stage!

Toledo TDi EGR woes - roscoman
Meant to add that no error codes have ever come up on the car - (except for "EGR insufficient flow" when the EGR is disconnected).
Toledo TDi EGR woes - mare
Suggest a forum search for other VAG cars with the engine e.g. Passat, A4, Octavia, Galaxy. It pops up frequently, but i can never remember the answer!
Toledo TDi EGR woes - willingtonsteve

Check the small vacumn pipes from the EGR and the N75 area for split's, they can be difficult to find but are the most likely cause.