European Petrol Prices - Big Bad Dave
I have to drive 1000 miles across Europe tomorrow to catch a ferry to Hull. Just wondering where?s cheapest to fill up. I?ll tank up before I leave Poland and enter Germany, but should I fill up in Germany before I enter Holland? And should I fill up in Holland before I board the ferry to the UK. I?ll be using 98 Ron.

Cheers, Dave.
European Petrol Prices - PhilW
BBD,
European fuel prices here
www.theaa.com/onlinenews/allaboutcars/fuel/2006/Fe...c
Suggests that unleaded is 87.7p/lire in Germany,95p in Holland, UK average 95.9p. Poland is 70p? - fill up a few jerry cans!!

--
Phil
European Petrol Prices - PhilW
Or go via USA -35p/litre!!
--
Phil
European Petrol Prices - Big Bad Dave
Cheers Phil that?s just what I?m after. I actually just paid 66p but it varies from town to town (and exchange rate). I?ve been spoilt haven?t I?
European Petrol Prices - Armitage Shanks {p}
Just looked at the very useful AA link that was posted. Unleaded 30p a litre MORE than diesel in Austria - what is the thinking behind that I wonder? UK most expensive in Europe (Except Austria unleaded) no surprises there then!
European Petrol Prices - helicopter
Sorry Armitage S. but the way I read that website the UK average unleaded is 90p and Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands and Norway all average over 90p a litre.

I want to ask the AA about their website - since when is the USA in Europe ?- it worries me cos I use the AA satnav.

Anyway - Can anyone beat Qatar prices of around 11p a litre?
European Petrol Prices - Collos25
Belgium the cheapest on your run after Poland and Holland the dearestby far.I always start with a fill up just over the border in Czech Rep.this gets me to Belgium and that tank gives me enough to Leeds normally.
European Petrol Prices - Armitage Shanks {p}
Helicopter, I have looked at the AA link again, very carefully, and it says that unleaded in Austria is euros 1.4 with a UK equivalent price of 100.2 p per litre. The conversion rate looks about right - it is just the price and the 30p a litre difference between petrol and diesel that arouses my interest!
European Petrol Prices - helicopter
AS - The way I read your previous post it is saying that apart from Austria , UK has the highest price for unleaded and that it is no surprise.Maybe I read it wrong but that was the way I read it.

As I said , the AA list shows this not to be the case - I think what you were trying to say and what I read into what you were trying to say are two different things , but I am not going to fall out with you over it ....
European Petrol Prices - Mike H
I have just come back from Austria, and can confirm that ordinary unleaded is currently just under 1.10 euros a litre - about 76p. In Luxembourg at a motorway service station, i paid 1.03 euros - about 73p.

I'm struggling to understand the comments from people about the prices in Austria - they've consistently been around 1.00-1.10 euros for the last few years, making them cheaper than France, Germany et al.
European Petrol Prices - Collos25
But he will not go through any of those countries on his route though.The A2 across Germany is now the best race track in Europe so you will probably use quite a bit of the liquid gold.
European Petrol Prices - Altea Ego
Frankly I would far sooner run out than have to travel to Hull.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
European Petrol Prices - colinh
There appears to be something wrong with the AA figures for Spain. Checking my receipts, I paid 0.935 euro for diesel on 15th Feb, which is approx. when table was drawn up - they show 1.00 euro. Also diesel is usually well below petrol in price. May be some regional variation, but not that much.

This reflects prices in Spain (and rest of Europe) this week.

www.iru.org/services/Fuel/Welcome.E.html

European Petrol Prices - costablancabloke
I am in Valencia (Alzira) & petrol (95 ron) is about 1.03? (98 about 8-10cnts more) at the moment. Not that much behind the diesel at about 108-110?. Most interestingly is that the supermarket EROSKI, has petrol at 0.92? a litre. Thats 11c a litre cheaper!! How they do it..I just don't care, I fill up instead.

Hoppo
European Petrol Prices - legacylad
Slightly off tangent, just returned from a stay with friends in Placerville, N. California.Shell & Chevron prices are $2.39 per US gallon.They refuse to use the 'cheap' supermarket stuff in their new Legacy wagon and Toyota Tundra 4.7 litre V8 pick up with camper on top!
What is the equivalent UK price?
I have a wealth of stories about second hand Subaru prices, and long drives in blizzards in the Tahoe region...quite an experience...
European Petrol Prices - malteser
Agree re Spanish fuel prices - at least on the Western Costa del Sol. Our local Esso station, which I have to pass every time I drive out of our urbanisation is currently 92.4 centimos per litre for diesel. The most I have seen recently is 94.6 cents.(I never look at petrol prices!)
We also have the advantage of being able to fill up in Gibraltar on occasions.
Mind you the price differential between Spain and "tax free" Gibraltar is rapidly closing - it is much less in cents per litre than it was even two years ago.

Roger. (Costa del Sol, España)