brake warning light - Craig_1969
The brake warning light and stop symbol keep coming on accompanied by a horrid beep usually when going downhill but not pressing the brake pedal. The brake functionality seems to be completely unaffected. My internet research has indicated abs module issues, but I was wondering if it could be a faulty pad wear sensor.

Before I put it on a Renault diagonstics system or remove the wheels I thought I would ask here.

Cheers

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 12/01/2008 at 17:03

Renault Espace IV brake warning light - mfarrow
What's the level of your brake fluid like?

--------------
Mike Farrow
Renault Espace IV brake warning light - Craig_1969
Plonker warning. Its on low. Cheers. Overly sensitive about this car and thought it was terminal.
Renault Espace IV brake warning light - Xileno {P}
I would be more concerned why it was low in the first place. Although the level will drop slightly as the pads wear down, this should not be enough to cause the fluid level to drop so far as to trigger a warning light. I would advise you check for a leak somewhere.

Is it under three year's old? If so, take it to the dealer.
Renault Espace IV brake warning light - Collos25
Turn religious and pray its not the master cylinder
Renault Espace IV brake warning light - Altea Ego
Master cylinder issues on Renault does not result in a change of fluid level.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Oh but it can
Renault Espace IV brake warning light - Altea Ego
Oh no it doesent
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
The master cylinder weeps and the fluid level drops very gradually with no loss of brake performance until it gets below a certain level.If it isn't leaking somewhere were did the fluid go.
Renault Espace IV brake warning light - Craig_1969
Its all a bit concerning. Perhaps its time to sell. There is no warranty on it, hang on a mo I remember Warranty Direct offering a warranty on it for £350 so I might bite the bullet.

Its a Cyprus import via an RAF chappie and the warranty is in Cyprus only now. I paid £12200 a year ago and have done 8k I suppose I might get £11k on fleabay might give it a spin.

Can anyone offer a decent 7 seater alternative under £10k? I might be tempted by a 7 seat estate.
Renault Espace IV brake warning light - mfarrow
Just keep an eye on it.

A friend had to fill his Almera up a few months ago because the light kept coming on. No sign of leaks. It's been fine since.

--------------
Mike Farrow