clio immobilser trouble - stumped
hi can anybody please help. i bought a stolen recovered clio s reg with no keys, i have changed ignition barrel key pickup sensor ,(the plastic one arrond ignitin switch)and the ecu, but it still wont start? the red light flashing, it does not have central locking and no sensor by interior light.all the parts i fitted were from t reg, but not sure if it had immobiliser fitted as clocs were missing.
someone mentioned having to change something in the fuse box?
clio immobiliser - stumped
can any body tell me if i replace all immobiliser parts ,antenna ring, multi timer unit, ignition switch, ecu. in order for car to run will key etc need to be reprogramed???. all replaced parts come from same spec car.
clio immobiliser - Collos25
You will need to program the ECU to the car and the keys to the ECU and anything else thats requires the relevent pulses.If you take it Renault it will cost more than the car is worth,not what you wanted hear.Most cars bought this way over a certain age are only fit for dismantling.
clio immobiliser - cheddar
If you take it Renault it will cost more than
the car is worth,not what you wanted hear.Most cars bought this way over a certain age are only fit for dismantling.

Perhaps an exageration, if it costs a two or three hundred quid then it is worth it if the car is in otherwise good condition.
>> If you take it Renault it will cost more than
>> the car is worth,not what you wanted hear.Most cars bought
this way over a certain age are only fit for dismantling.

Do not hold your breath ,everything is coded together as a kit an ECU from one year is not always compatable with another there are so many versions available its a minefield.You need to go to Renault with the chassis number and find the correct part numbers source them where you can and then have them programmed.
£300 at Renault I would hazard a guess and say £1500,£300 will barely get you a replacement key sorted but I would be very interested to know the outcome.
clio immobiliser - bell boy
my advise stumped is buy another clio same year /model that is well walled but runs and swap all the relevant bits over,and as said dont buy another reno without the keys, ive just scrapped a good one as the immobilisor packed up and didnt want the hassle.
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
clio immobiliser - Xileno {P}
How completely and utterly absurd.
clio immobiliser - LeePower
For quite a few years now Renault immobilisers haven't been very user friendly.

Even changing keyfob batteries on some of the systems used can make the car a non starter without Renault re programming the keyfobs.
hi, just thought i'd update you all , changed multi track, antenna ring and ignition barrel with key, also ecu. all from same car and now its starts, but..... i think the head gasket has gone , only seems to be running on 3 cylinders and water in oil, but no obvious leeks from head.
thank you all for your help,
any idea how much head gasket costs to be replaced and is it very dificult to try myself as a beginer??
If for example any parts came from a 16 valve and you have an 8 valve or visa versa then it will never run correctly you need all the correct kit.The head gasget is not a big job but if the head is damaged then it starts to become expensive,I think this car is going to be an expensive exercise in why not to mess about with old Renaults no matter how cheap they appear a good runner that age with full MOT is only worth £500 to £600.
all parts came from same spec car!, a s reg clio full mot worth onl £5-600 ??you find em i'll buy em, and give you a drink on each one !
Get down to Bradford Auctions Tuesday , Thursday and Sunday and take your pick.This is a car nobody wants because of all the problems they through up.
One more point just because they came from the same spec car means nothing ,they have to be in the same batch and program run.
hi andy, are you serious about prices? if so tell me auction times and directions if you can please.cheers
Just by the football ground 6.30 tue and wed 14.00 Sun.
We have 98 S 1.6 RXE Clio, under 40k miles, no problems, reckon we might get 2 grand for it, even a 3 dr 1.2 of that age can go for nearly £2k though of course the low ins grp of the 1.2 appeals to new drivers.
just had it confirmed head gasket gon ,......
anybody fancy a cheap clio!!!!!
Bobby Darin comes to mind
totally lost me !!
clio immobiliser - David Horn
How completely and utterly absurd.

I disagree. If some scroat steals my car without a key I'd want it to be nigh-on impossible for them to get it going again without needing kit from a Citroen dealer.

IIRC, on the Xsara the ECU is programmed to recognise new keys, rather than having them permanently linked.
clio immobiliser - LeePower
On the normal PSA Peugeot / Citroen cars you CAN swop the ECU to another car but it has to be UNLOCKED first with the correct keypad code or transponder key before you unplug it & the car its being transfered to needs to have its immobiliser unlocked too.

On the multiplexed cars without the 4 digit security code on that plastic card you are stuffed, The code is needed to gain access to the immobiliser system in the BSI unit.
>> How completely and utterly absurd.
>>
I disagree. If some scroat steals my car without a
key I'd want it to be nigh-on impossible for them to
get it going again without needing kit from a Citroen dealer.
IIRC, on the Xsara the ECU is programmed to recognise new
keys, rather than having them permanently linked.

Perhaps Xileno was refering to the comment "ive just scrapped a good one as the immobilisor packed up and didnt want the hassle."

Not sure though.
Hi Stumped,

What engine, model (i.e. RT, RXE etc) mileage, 3dr/5dr etc is it?
hi mate , 1.2 rt, 85000, 3 door dark blue
nice clean car except for head etc.
Ideal 1st car, got to be worth 1500 quid, though is it on a Cat D, perhaps £1000 if so, I would probably attempt the job myself though get a good indi garage to quote.
hi, i think i'm going to cut my losses and try to get 650 for it as is , dont hold much hope though!!